Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Port from MTN to 8ta?

Master

Default Port from MTN to 8ta?

I am seriously thinking of porting from MTN to 8ta
    Reasons include:
    8ta offer per second billing
    data is cheaper
    SMS's are cheaper

Am I making the correct decision? or this jumping out of the pan into the fire?
    I reside in Cape Town.

if you are porting to prepaid then I would say yes by all means. I ditched my MTN topup sim for a 8ta prepaid and wow I get so much value adds its amazing. The best part is free minutes.... Beats all offers cause the free minutes you can use on any sa network at any time. So its basically peak minutes which just makes it so much better and its to any network....
    Last edited by cavedog; 04-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Why pay R425 for 10Mbps when you can pay R342 for 20Mbps and R428 for 40Mbps adsl

https://www.voxtelecom.co.za/adsl-lines

Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    the free minutes you can use on any sa network at any time
    Urr no the free minutes yes they state clearly on their site and in the sms you receive, ANY SA network, however their definition of ANY SA network excludes the VOIP networks. I've complained to everyone in 8ta and Telkom and still waiting for them to fix this.
    Last edited by warwickw; 03-03-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    . An awesome util : DropBox
    . Mind blowing bandwidth

Quick Question: How much does it cost for someone who is on a prepaid package to port to another network? Im also thinking of porting to 8ta because of their super cheap data

Master

Porting is free. You might need to pay for a sim (about R1.00) , but 8ta didn't charge me anything... I ported of Thursday, and they said it would be done by Saturday... still nothing, so I'm slightly cheesed off...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by warwickw View Post
    Urr no the free minutes yes they state clearly on their site and in the sms you receive, ANY SA network, however their definition of ANY SA network excludes the VOIP networks. I've complained to everyone in 8ta and Telkom and still waiting for them to fix this.
    What you mean VOIP networks? any examples?

Also I am confused with term "free minutes", as there is per second tariff as well. Do you still receive free minutes on prepaid PS tariff?

Quote Originally Posted by warwickw View Post
    Yes I have noticed that too.

086 and 087 or viop dids 031,011,021 ect ect don't count. That sucks but to fight that would be a never ending fight
    Why pay R425 for 10Mbps when you can pay R342 for 20Mbps and R428 for 40Mbps adsl

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    What you mean VOIP networks? any examples?

Also I am confused with term "free minutes", as there is per second tariff as well. Do you still receive free minutes on prepaid PS tariff?
    It doesn't matter on what prepaid tariff you are, you still earn free minutes when people call you to use next month. Free minutes gets used first before airtime starts getting deducted.

The free minutes are earned in a persecon incrument too. So if you recieve a call for 3 seconds it shows that you have 1sec available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    It doesn't matter on what prepaid tariff you are, you still earn free minutes when people call you to use next month. Free minutes gets used first before airtime starts getting deducted.

The free minutes are earned in a persecon incrument too. So if you recieve a call for 3 seconds it shows that you have 1sec available.
    That's what I'm enjoying the most
    8ta prepaid works for me.
    Data was the the big reason for the change, but have found that the other benefits are also coming into their own.
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

8ta service is collapsing under the demand and TELKOM will give them no more money to improve. Speed and connection drop is now standard with 8ta. The cheaper data is no use if you are unable to use them effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan008 View Post
    8ta service is collapsing under the demand and TELKOM will give them no more money to improve. Speed and connection drop is now standard with 8ta. The cheaper data is no use if you are unable to use them effectively.
    8ta data networks works on TELKOM ADSL - that explains why the service is so congested 8ta-151-221-xxx.telkomadsl.co.za I cannot go over 3megs at all... During the evening its worst 1meg or less due to too many users connected..

I am going to port my loyal vodacom number over to 8ta cos seriously Vodacom is too congested on their bis network but the long run will 8ta be sustainable - that is my fears with the new licensing spectrum etc.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
    8ta data networks works on TELKOM ADSL - that explains why the service is so congested 8ta-151-221-xxx.telkomadsl.co.za I cannot go over 3megs at all... During the evening its worst 1meg or less due to too many users connected..

I am going to port my loyal vodacom number over to 8ta cos seriously Vodacom is too congested on their bis network but the long run will 8ta be sustainable - that is my fears with the new licensing spectrum etc.
    Contract or prepaid?
    Im on the 10gb special and get 3,5 meg to 9 meg.

Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    Contract or prepaid?
    Im on the 10gb special and get 3,5 meg to 9 meg.
    I am on prepaid and the exchange in my area doesn't support 10Meg for adsl - that explains why my max download speed is between 3meg - and guess what happen I got disconnected/reconnection *meaning new ip given but didnt disconnect from the network
    The Max I am able to download 3meg per second and speedtest results are terrible.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Grandmaster

I've been told by the local Telkom Direct shop that you can't port a MTN prepaid number to 8.ta prepaid

Comments anyone.

Impossible. It would be in contravention of law.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast