Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HiFi Corp still discounting Vodacom airtime?

Grandmaster

Default HiFi Corp still discounting Vodacom airtime?

Anybody know if HiFi Corp is still discounting airtime (specifically Vodacom) as they were last time I checked a few months back? And if so, whether they sell the largest voucher, R1,000? (Many retailers do not).

Alternatively, where's the best place to source these vouchers (or virtual vouchers/recharges) at some sort of worthwhile discount other than going the cumbersome online EFT route?

Saw they still sell it discounted, but cant remember the voucher values

Grandmaster

I know Checkers discount Vodacom airtime, try them.
    I don't use rubber bullets.

Grandmaster

To anyone following this thread, I did the legwork this weekend locally.

HiFi Corp does indeed discount airtime from all the providers fairly substantially -- for Vodacom, for instance, you can get up to 9% off depending on the size of voucher you buy. But like most independent outlets it doesn't sell (or at least doesn't discount) the R1,000 Vodacom voucher, according to the local manager. (The reason for any heavy prepaid user to buy a R1,000 airtime voucher is that VC has always credited R1100 to your phone when you load it, effectively a 10% discount for 'buying in bulk' You can then transfer a significant proportion of that airtime to other family users, e.g.).

PnP, Game, CNA etc. are not discounting, though Pep is but not to the same degree as HiFi Corp. Ady (above) also says Checkers is discounting, but we don't have one locally so I couldn't check.