Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: So... My dog is dead

Default So... My dog is dead

Came home around 10 mins ago & was surprised when my dog wasn't at the gate, jumping around like he usually does. Saw him lying on his mat & thought he was asleep, only when I drove in & he didn't stir did I realise that something was wrong.

Thought he might be ill, rushed over and saw that he was dead. It's not completely unexpected, he was 12 - 13 yrs old now (even though he was still fully fit, showed no signs of age) so I'm not totally shocked.

I suspect that he died of old age (he's just lying there peacefully, no sign of vomit or anything else that'd lead me to suspect poisoning & I've searched the grounds extensively to try and find any meat / bones etc of foreign origin, nothing.

Still trying to process his death, I don't think its hit me yet. It'll probably hit in the next few days / week or so, when I really start missing him.

Can I just bury him in my yard? Do I need to call up anyone / any city authority (location Midrand, Joburg) before I bury him? What's the procedure?

Sorry for your loss

Most vets offer a cremation service...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Sorry for your loss

Most vets offer a cremation service...
    Yeah sorry to hear about that. Take him to the vet....you'll get a nice little clay urn with his name on it...well that is what our vet does.
    “I find that the sensation of myself as an ego inside a bag of skin is really a hallucination.
    ― Alan W. Watts

Thanks for the support, guys.

Will find out from the vet what the procedure is on cremation.

Sorry mate,also put my one dog down this year.Our vet usually picks them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Sad for your loss. Best is to get a new replacement to ease on the loss. A cuddly cute with maybe the "same name" + Jr.

If one of my cats die I think I will too.
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

So Sorry Lost a dog 2yrs ago, bought one of the same breed a few months later, but still so sad about the loss.

Grandmaster

Sorry to hear...We live in an estate and i buried mine in the street under a tree...
    Always know where to find the rascal
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by satanboy View Post
    Yeah sorry to hear about that. Take him to the vet....you'll get a nice little clay urn with his name on it...well that is what our vet does.
    Yip, I have two of those now.

Im very sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved pet. Its never easy. If something had to happen to my Keeki I would be devastated. Good luck and be strong.
    Krescendo Cresteds. Breeder of show quality Chinese Cresteds. https://www.facebook.com/KrescendoCresteds / www.chinesecresteds.co.za

sorry to hear about your dog. my cat was killed last week by neighbours dog

It's a horrible pain to lose a close pet ..... condolences man
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Sorry for your loss man, it really is such a sad thing.

Super Grandmaster

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast