Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: NOTICE: International Internet connectivity issues since February 17 [Resolved]

I am not experiencing any slow speeds or disconnects. So perhaps its only certain areas which are affected?

Browsing and the occasional download during the day is fine, no issues at all.
    Downloading at night I get above 100KB/s every time I have checked my speeds (midnight until morning).

I have my iBurst MTU set and all that, using a USB modem, PPPoE dialed up through Windows obviously.
    384K - 4MB upgrade with Telkom = Instant
    If only Telkom were that fast with everything

Quote Originally Posted by PsyCLown View Post
    I am not experiencing any slow speeds or disconnects. So perhaps its only certain areas which are affected?

Browsing and the occasional download during the day is fine, no issues at all.
    Downloading at night I get above 100KB/s every time I have checked my speeds (midnight until morning).

I have my iBurst MTU set and all that, using a USB modem, PPPoE dialed up through Windows obviously.
    +1. Service seems to be restored to normal on my side.
    "Careless realism costs souls" - Tuomas Holopainen

any https connection seems to be dodgy. Timeouts galore. Twitter is especially bad for me right now.

Updates please, iBurst?

The lack of updates here, on your website and on your FB page is seriously lacking........how long does it take to type out a message and post it? Literally seconds, that's how long it takes. Yet we wait for weeks for any updates.

Give us a daily update on the EASSy cable issue please, that is all we are asking.
    It was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but the speeds are slower now than what they were last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Updates please, iBurst?

The lack of updates here, on your website and on your FB page is seriously lacking........how long does it take to type out a message and post it? Literally seconds, that's how long it takes. Yet we wait for weeks for any updates.

Give us a daily update on the EASSy cable issue please, that is all we are asking.
    It was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but the speeds are slower now than what they were last week.
    Got full speeds last night, is the issue not yet resolved?, i thought the estimated date for repair was the 18th.

From iBurst's twitter feed:
    ...the cable issue is resolved. Currently configuring systems, as once complete we'll let you know. Thanks iBurst

are we back? youtube and others streaming at decent speeds for me.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1847536021.png

Still sucks...definately not fixed yet.

And for those that don't know, this is on a 2Mb modem *insert profuse foul language here*

Still sucks...definately not fixed yet.
    How can you tell that the cable fault is not fixed from the result of your local speed test?

ginggs, if it WAS fixed and the reconfiguration of whatever iBurst tech were going to reconfigure was done already, speeds would be way better. I was getting over 1Mbps before the EASSy cable was klapped by a ship.

Yes, only half the speed we had before the new packages were released (regularly over 2Mbps during the day), but seeing as overloaded towers are the order of the day and speeds in general suck worse than Malema sucking down Johnnie Blue even with a flat panel antenna fitted on a 3m high pole on our house roof, I will moan about the terrible iBurst speeds.......

ginggs, if it WAS fixed and the reconfiguration of whatever iBurst tech were going to reconfigure was done already, speeds would be way better.
    Well, speeds have improved for me. Literally the whole day today I have been watching YouTube videos and my son has been playing HON on local an international servers sharing a 1Mbps desktop modem.

YouTube could be better, speeds are up and down, but I just start a video, hit pause, allow it to buffer for a few minutes, then start watching. The videos have all played right through and haven't interfered with my son's gaming.

things definitely looking better. latency still looks high. maybe a decent alternative arrangement has been made while EASSy still down?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kuberkoos View Post

things definitely looking better. latency still looks high. maybe a decent alternative arrangement has been made while EASSy still down?
    EASSY wasn't ever down. It was the onwards connection from Djiboti to Europe via SEAME3 that was a problem. Extra capacity was added on 2nd March and the SEAME3 cable was restored on 17th March.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516