Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Telkom staff cant lookup your details at direct store

Super Grandmaster

Default Telkom staff cant lookup your details at direct store

so yesterday i found myself in the mall and remembered i needed to pay telkom. last week in somerset they were able to look up my details so that i could make a payment. she tunes me thats a new telkom directive that they cant look up a customers details instore. i tell her thats nonsense since they did it for me last week. she reckons its been like this for a month already.

now if i had walked in there with a problem without an account how will the sales\service desk help me? how does a company operate like this? you go there to give them money but their app doesnt have a search function? so stay away from n1 telkom direct, useless. i was probbaly disturbing her solitaire time....

Grandmaster

I'm guessing it's to do with not being able to make account payments at the Telkom Direct shops any longer, you should have received an email about this last month. It seems odd that they can't do account recons though, did you have ID with you?

Super Grandmaster

can you please paste that mail here since i never got it. i get their usage stats but didnt get that email. it didnt get to identification. she just point blankly refused. no line. shop was empty except for a customer being helped at the service counter. all i asked was if they had the ability to do it. if she had told me i need to go to the service desk that would have been fine. she just rebuffed me point blank. so did the people at somerset do the wrong thing by actually helping me the week before?

Quote Originally Posted by MickZA View Post
    I'm guessing it's to do with not being able to make account payments at the Telkom Direct shops any longer, you should have received an email about this last month. It seems odd that they can't do account recons though, did you have ID with you?
    Also didn't know about this. Doesn't affect me but it certainly seems like Telkom direct isn't exactly direct anymore.

In one of my previous post I found out to my annoyance that you cannot cancel a telephone service in a Telkom shop any more.

So,

1.You cannot cancel a telephone service yet you can apply for one.
    2. You cannot make account payments any more.
    3. You cannot have your customer details looked up any more.

So these shops really do not have any value to the average customer any more, so what's the purpose of their existence, other than being a source of sheltered employment ?

Telkom is the only company I know of where the physical shops are even more useless than the call centre. The call centre is just easier to work with for pretty much anything, and for payments, just use the website. If you can figure out where the links are hidden that is.
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

System sucks....system dont work no more

Super Grandmaster

I can't understand how telkom does business like this! So how I pay my bill? I'm going to a direct shop at lunch. Will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    I can't understand how telkom does business like this! So how I pay my bill? I'm going to a direct shop at lunch. Will report back.
    On the website?

Easypay?
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    Also didn't know about this. Doesn't affect me but it certainly seems like Telkom direct isn't exactly direct anymore.
    They only send it to the telkomsa email, not to the one they send the bill to, which is actually very strange.
    Engineering - this is where the semi-skilled workers realize the work of better minds. Hello, Oompah-Loompahs of science.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ99 View Post
    On the website?

Easypay?
    For telkom I prefer face to face for some reason. What will the people at the stores do all day if they not allowed to provide a 'service' anymore?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    They only send it to the telkomsa email, not to the one they send the bill to, which is actually very strange.
    I've never checked that telkom email account.

Grandmaster

can you please paste that mail here since i never got it.
    Been digging for it in my email trash but it's gone already
    It was sent before the 15th Feb because that's when I made of point going into Telkom Direct to see if I could still pay there, was able to pay but told the "no payments" directive would probably come into effect in March.

For telkom I prefer face to face for some reason. What will the people at the stores do all day if they not allowed to provide a 'service' anymore?
    Maybe help the poor idiots standing in line (behind some 98-year old guy taking half an hour to pay his bill which he could have done online in a few seconds) who actually have stuff to do that can't be done online or by the call center?

-Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast