Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Afrihost hosting bandwidth prices cut

Default Afrihost hosting bandwidth prices cut

Afrihost cuts hosting bandwidth prices

Afrihost have cut their over-usage data prices by up to 77%

They probably think they've grabbed enough of the ADSL market, now they want to grab a big chunk of the hosting market as well. Well done, Afrihost, for stirring up the market again

Honestly, seems like Afrihost are trying to be innovative here :P

this is truly rare in ZA... well done!

All nice and well but mweb have free bandwidth .....

Well done afrihost! bout time some one gave webafrica a warm klup and showed them where they have failed.

Nice one, add that to the cloud server pricing and its a bloody good deal. I am happy if they don't do uncapped for server hosting - it will keep peering type junk off the network Honestly if you use your 200GB of data and then thing R7/GB is overboard what are you hosting?
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix911 View Post
    Honestly, seems like Afrihost are trying to be innovative here :P
    Sure the reductions seem big, but it just means they are slow to match the market, that not innovation. Sure the price on Shared hosting is very good, but the rest only match or are still worse than competitors...

Quote Originally Posted by GoofySmurf View Post
    Do a feature comparison, and you'll see how capped MWEB's hosting is.

Quote Originally Posted by tohir View Post
    Yes, they are quite strict about the bandwidth, specifically the upload vs download, which can be a problem if you are not hosting something like a website.
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Thats the problem the quality is so shocking they have to give it away free

You cannot get better than afri host or hetzner for SA Hosting it doesnt matter if you have a dedicated server or on a shared package support will always be there and downtime is non existent

Quote Originally Posted by tohir View Post
    I did and still dont see your point what is this cap u talk about ? I do over 8 terabyte from my server a month .... What will that cost at afrihost ?

BTW I can prove over 99.99 up time wanna compare results ?

I did and still dont see your point what is this cap u talk about ? I do over 8 terabyte from my server a month .... What will that cost at afrihost ?

BTW I can prove over 99.99 up time wanna compare results ?
    Oh please do share your reports with us as I cannot find the same results over a 3 month period (this period is defined within their SLA).
    Which data center are you in?
    Here with my stats for MWEB
    Uptime&Downtime Total 144 d [=92% coverage]
    Uptime percentage : 99.6816% [144 d ]
    We have servers with Afrihost and can assure you that we exceed what you are claiming, and what MWEB are able to deliver.

MWEB for unlimited bandwidth
    Afrihost for Price
    Afrihost for Speed
    Afrihost for Uptime
    Afrihost for Support (MWEB's support needs a major kick in the ass. If I worked there I can assure that a few would find them selves booted)

You can have the greatest product in the world but when you cant support your product and clients you may aswell throw the towel.
    Last edited by isp-insider; 06-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.