Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaped even after 12

I have a 1MB modem and a brand new 2MB modem when I play Battlefield 3 with the 2 MB modem it lags like crazy. But when I use my 1MB modem my latency is low and no lagging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like shaping to me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik0723 View Post
    I have a 1MB modem and a brand new 2MB modem when I play Battlefield 3 with the 2 MB modem it lags like crazy. But when I use my 1MB modem my latency is low and no lagging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like shaping to me!!!!
    i have the exact same problem, i play HON, 1mbps ek get like 250ping int and 2mbps 400ping int cant even play on 400ping

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus969 View Post
    yes downloading from downstorm
    I had no problems with downstorm last night, conection wasnt great becasue of the rain but managed speeds of about 600Kbps -1.5Mbps will check again tonight.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Grandmaster

Wait until after the EASSy cable break has been fixxed then see if speeds improve.

I doubt that anything will be done anytime soon to let 2Mb modem users achieve decent speeds again......

Our 2Mb modem would download at well over 2Mbps (on the old firmware), even during the day and I raved about the speed consrantly on this forum. When the new packages were released, speeds dropped to less than Dialup speeds. iBurst fitted a flat panel antenna on a 3 metre high pole on top of our house roof after me fighting with them for months, and helped a bit.

Speeds were just above 1Mbps but that was due to every single tower in our area being overloaded. The new firmware did not help one single bit, the network is overloaded and the towers cannot cope contrary to what anyone from iBurst says.

Simple solution: more towers to ease the burden on individual towers and we MIGHT get the speed we pay for. But this EASSy cable break has not helped iBurst in the least.

And if 2Mb modem users are shaped, CPA here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Wait until after the EASSy cable break has been fixxed then see if speeds improve.
    This does not affect my speed be course downstorm (the server im downloading form) sits in joburg and the download is local.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus969 View Post
    This does not affect my speed be course downstorm (the server im downloading form) sits in joburg and the download is local.
    doubt it,Im pretty sure the downstorm severs are located overseas
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12