Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Absa hits R1 trillion in online banking transactions

Default Absa hits R1 trillion in online banking transactions

R1 trillion in Absa online banking transactions

The value of transactions processed by Absa online banked reached a trillion Rand in 2011

what's that, one thousand billion?
    FNB's iPhone app did 2 billion by Feb 2012 and it had only been going for 7 months or so...

Lies! that's what I spent every month on banking charges while I was with them.

I suspect this is a press release to try take some wind out of FNB App's sails for their transaction milestone,though it's laughable
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1st month Afrihost Uncapped here - No contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    what's that, one thousand billion?
    FNB's iPhone app did 2 billion by Feb 2012 and it had only been going for 7 months or so...
    I don't think you appreciate the magnitude of R1 trillion, unless you were just giving us some arbitrary fact.

In your FNB case that equates to ~R286 000 000 per month

So at that rate it would take FNB's mobile banking app ~3496 months to reach R1 trillion (1 000 000 000 000) which is 291 years...

Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    I don't think you appreciate the magnitude of R1 trillion, unless you were just giving us some arbitrary fact.

In your FNB case that equates to ~R286 000 000 per month

So at that rate it would take FNB's mobile banking app ~3496 months to reach R1 trillion (1 000 000 000 000) which is 291 years...
    FNB's app has done more than 0.2% of absa's entire online banking volume, in 7 months. I think it's pretty significant considering absa's online banking will be used by big corporates doing huge payments, whereas the FNB phone app probably wouldn't be ...

I can also tell you that a system I am responsible for did a trillion in payments within a month.

Grandmaster

FNB's app has done more than 0.2% of absa's entire online banking volume, in 7 months. I think it's pretty significant considering absa's online banking will be used by big corporates doing huge payments, whereas the FNB phone app probably wouldn't be ...

I can also tell you that a system I am responsible for did a trillion in payments within a month.
    This figure encompasses both individuals and small businesses that use Absa Online Banking.
    Read articles properly people.

How do you know someone isn't really responsible for some obscure system that exchanges unquantifiable amounts of money every month ?

He will tell you he is.

Master

It was the one transfer I did. Now Absa is bragging about it.