Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Saving pictures from WhatsApp to my iPhone

Default Saving pictures from WhatsApp to my iPhone

Here's a question that I sincerely hope will not, but fully expect to, become a double-face-palm moment.

I cannot figure out how to save incoming WhatsApp images, to my iPhones picture/camera roll. Is there some shortcut that I'm missing?

Currently, my workaround involves emailing the pics to myself, but they are then far-diminished in size.

If I press and hold the image, I only get the "copy" option. Pressing the "arrow-rectangle(?)" button, only brings up "Assign to Contact; Use as Wallpaper (in WhatsApp); Forward via Email; Forward via WhatsApp" as options - there is no simple 'save' option.

Any ideas?

Or is this simply a feature that WhatsApp, for whatever reason, does not have?

Default Saving pictures from WhatsApp to my iPhone

On the I phone when somebody sends you a image over what's app you have the option to download it. After you download it that option changes to 2 desperate options view and forward. At this time the image is already in your camera roll.

When you see the photo on WhatsApp, doesn't it give you the option to view or download?

Whatsapp>settings>chat settings>save incoming media.... Set it to on and all images will automatically be saved to camera roll....
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

By default my whatsapp saves it to my camera roll if I choose "Download"

Whatapp also stores it in itself under "Info" in the contact that sent you the picture and "View all Media"

You would have to download the image in a specific time frame otherwise it becomes unavailable. But I didn't have to mess with settings for it to automatically save to my camera roll or their media compartment

Thanks all.

That did the trick. I must have disabled the auto-save in settings when I first installed it.
    Working now.