Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capitec reduces bank charges

Grandmaster

The dongle was free last time I checked. My sister opened her account a few months ago and paid R0 for the dongle. I recently moved from the Dongle to the app on my phone - it's great.

Capitec is really awesome. I am a very happy customer. Everybody should have a Capitec account! Great interest, barely any fees, everything is simple and quick and easy... I don't hate my bank anymore!

My Capitec account coupled with my Virgin Money Credit Card means all my banking needs are taken care of at very little expense, and barely any hassles.

Now I am really considering switching it to Capitec. Was thinking of switching to FNB from standard.

Super Grandmaster

I think I will start with a savings acc

Quote Originally Posted by akescpt View Post
    I think I will start with a savings acc
    As far as I know there is only the "one account"

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by curbs2012 View Post
    As far as I know there is only the "one account"
    Isn't that a savings account?

Blog Entries

The Global One Account is a savings account and that's the only one they have and you need

Global One Account is a savings and transacting account...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Grandmaster

You open 1 account - the Global One account. It's a transactional savings account.
    You get 6% interest on balances up to R10k.
    You get 4.75% interest on balances over R10k.

You can open up to 4 linked sub-accounts - also savings accounts, but you can decide whether to use it as a transactional account or a normal savings account or a fixed-term deposit savings account etc etc.
    Each savings account gets a separate account number, and can be named, and they all show up in your IB.
    You only have 1 card - for the main account. When you draw money at an ATM or swipe the card, it comes out the original main account.

Inter-account transfers are free, so you can easily, quickly and freely move your money around between your various accounts. Each account incurs the R4.50 monthly admin fee, but if you have R1000 in the account, your monthly interest will cover the admin fee easy.

Capitec is awesome.
    Also, their site is pretty good too: http://www.capitecbank.co.za/persona...ing/save/rates

Quote Originally Posted by AniV View Post
    You open 1 account - the Global One account. It's a transactional savings account.
    You get 6% interest on balances up to R10k.
    You get 4.75% interest on balances over R10k.

You can open up to 4 linked sub-accounts - also savings accounts, but you can decide whether to use it as a transactional account or a normal savings account or a fixed-term deposit savings account etc etc.
    Each savings account gets a separate account number, and can be named, and they all show up in your IB.
    You only have 1 card - for the main account. When you draw money at an ATM or swipe the card, it comes out the original main account.

Inter-account transfers are free, so you can easily, quickly and freely move your money around between your various accounts. Each account incurs the R4.50 monthly admin fee, but if you have R1000 in the account, your monthly interest will cover the admin fee easy.

Capitec is awesome.
    Also, their site is pretty good too: http://www.capitecbank.co.za/persona...ing/save/rates
    And you can let debit orders run on one of those subaccounts. So makes management of accounts easy, you can have a debit order subaccount specifically for debit orders.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    No monthly or yearly fee. Swipe it for free. Internet banking for free. Linked petrol card for free.

The only expenses you have on that card is interest if you are in the red and a petrol transaction fee each time you use it.

I put money into it every month and try not to go below R0 on it, and whenever I can pay for petrol with my Capitec card I do.
    You can go into the red and not pay interest for purchases on the card as long as you pay the full amount by the due date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123