Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Investing for income

No he's in CML no CMF.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    And did you read my answer?
    Indeed

Super Grandmaster

It's like this,

Poster: What is the best custom rom for Android?

Marco: CML and AVI you stupid braindead ******* **** ****.
    They like 90% per year every ******* year for like forever, eat **** ****brains.

This stoopid remark that I get can only be from someone deranged or on some chemical substance. Now you try to decipher it into intellectual readable language.
    Keep it together now big fella.

It's like this. POSTER is any random person posting any random question. MARCO is you :-), always giving the same answer.

Questions?

Banned

Sir, I see you from "The Cape of Good Dope".
    If you want help, PM me.

Marco, please stop inferring people who dont like the fact that your answer to everything was AVI and CMLare drug addicts. You were starting to come right by being more openminded about other possible investment scenarios but are quick to revert to these hidden insults which you have done one or twice now.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Super Grandmaster

ahh satrix40. slow and steady...

CML and AVI are good stocks but there are others out there with similair performance. For example: Mr Price, and other flavour of the month Pinacle. The latter doesnt have the best dividend yield but look at the history (11,000% growth over 10 years!). Mr Price has a great divident yield, and also a solid record of growth (2000% over 10 years). So there is more to investing than an index, or just 2 stocks
    www.nuzzle.co.za - Get the best pet products from Nuzzle, and get them delivered to your door.

Accumulating wealth is about two factors and can be likened to sport. You need decent offense (earning capacity) but more important than that you need good defense (being frugal). It does not help you much if you are earning 150K per month and spending more than that. I really recommend a book called: "The Millionaire next door". It is a book based purely on statistics and was a study done by an American researcher on people who where good at accumulating wealth in the USA. The findings where very counter intuitive as most people think rich American's are the ones in the big houses driving the big cars. The opposite is true. The wealthy American's where the ones who lived well bellow their income and saved a lot. They where people who could afford to live in Dainfern but chose to live in Roodepoort as an example. Cost of living is very dependent on area and the peer pressure that comes with that area. I have experienced that myself. Used to live in Fourways where to rent a DVD cost R25. Now I live in Boskruin which still has good schools for my kids etc but most costs are lower. Here a new DVD costs me R15 to rent. Silly example but it illustrates the point.

Good luck on accumulating some wealth. Most important thing is just get into the habit of saving at least 15% for retirement and never touch it. If you have not been doing so for a long time and have little consider dumping a bonus or two into the fund to make up for the lost time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Markd View Post
    CML and AVI are good stocks but there are others out there with similair performance. For example: Mr Price, and other flavour of the month Pinacle. The latter doesnt have the best dividend yield but look at the history (11,000% growth over 10 years!). Mr Price has a great divident yield, and also a solid record of growth (2000% over 10 years). So there is more to investing than an index, or just 2 stocks
    I don't do "Flavour of the Month" stocks. I do stocks that continue to grow. Look at today. Market down big time and my 2 go up.
    Please give me similar stocks to CML and AVI. There are none. I have done my research. None whatsoever. Look at the charts of Mr Price and whatever other stock and you will see why CML and AVI are the best out. Low volatility and a steady growth.
    Today was a bloodbath on all markets if you did not know. CML was flat and AVI did over 1%.
    Now try beat this.

I don't do "Flavour of the Month" stocks. I do stocks that continue to grow. Look at today. Market down big time and my 2 go up.
    Please give me similar stocks to CML and AVI. There are none. I have done my research. None whatsoever. Look at the charts of Mr Price and whatever other stock and you will see why CML and AVI are the best out. Low volatility and a steady growth.
    Today was a bloodbath on all markets if you did not know. CML was flat and AVI did over 1%.
    Now try beat this.
    You dont "do stocks" that continue to grow. You do CML and AVI and that's all.

If you're investing for the longer term, who cares about what happened today on the market Marco?? Who cares about volatility of a given stock so long as the longer term direction is up? Not you, because I'm guessing you never sell CML and AVI anyway, even on down days? And yes, they DO have down days, just like all stocks!

If I were investing for the shorter term, and if I were worried about today, heck, if i were worried about the last year, then Woolworths (WHL - 71%) would have been a better pick than both AVI (61%) and CML (55%) from a 'growth' perspective. Heck even taking divs into account. WHL incidently was up 1.5% today too, again beating out your two favourites. BUt lets not get confused. Today counts for **** in the investors life.

Over the last 10 years, CML grew 780%, AVI grew 475%, and MR Price outperformed them both with 2306% growth. All three companies are regarded as "midcaps". Even handsome dividends cant account for the difference. Pinnacle, a small cap, has grown 11,000% over 10 years! It's the "flavour of the month" because people are taking notice now - not because its only just started performing.

So its cool - CML and AVI are awesome, dependable, reliable stocks that are diversified from a risk perspective. CML invests in other companies (like Clicks for example) and AVI has such divergent brands as I&J and Jimmy Choo under its umbrella. But CML and AVI are by no means the best longer term performers on the stock exchange, even when taking dividends into account (from a purely historical point of view). So I just want to make clear to anyone who might take your posts as pure gospel, and perhaps even to you, that if your research is extensive enough, you'd be able to easily identify stronger investments than CML and AVI - in hindsight!

I think your outlook for the future is that these two stocks are "safe" because of low volatility combined with a general trend up so far, and that anything that goes up and down is less predictable and therefore "not safe". This irrational fear will lead to you not finding potentially exceptional investments because you have the blinkers on, and thats your loss, not mine. I couldnt give a monkeys tail if you want to do that - its fine with me. However readers need to realise the simple truth that there is obviously alot more potential out there than 2 stocks. Research should also be forward looking - not just backward looking, or based on today.

For reference, in my portfolio i have WHL and CML, but not AVI and MRP or PNC, so i dont feel like i have too much bias on the topic.AVI, MRP and PNC are all being watched closely, and when i check out the recent performance, expected future performance, management plans and other fundamental information, I'll decide if I feel that one might be attractive to get a position in. I keep an open mind and will happily pickup any investment that will deliver a solid return, and dump any other investment that goes too far south beyond a certain point. Volatility is for day traders.
    Last edited by Markd; 04-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    www.nuzzle.co.za - Get the best pet products from Nuzzle, and get them delivered to your door.

Quote Originally Posted by Markd View Post
    You dont "do stocks" that continue to grow. You do CML and AVI and that's all.

If you're investing for the longer term, who cares about what happened today on the market Marco?? Who cares about volatility of a given stock so long as the longer term direction is up? Not you, because I'm guessing you never sell CML and AVI anyway, even on down days? And yes, they DO have down days, just like all stocks!

If I were investing for the shorter term, and if I were worried about today, heck, if i were worried about the last year, then Woolworths (WHL - 71%) would have been a better pick than both AVI (61%) and CML (55%) from a 'growth' perspective. Heck even taking divs into account. WHL incidently was up 1.5% today too, again beating out your two favourites. BUt lets not get confused. Today counts for **** in the investors life.

Over the last 10 years, CML grew 780%, AVI grew 475%, and MR Price outperformed them both with 2306% growth. All three companies are regarded as "midcaps". Even handsome dividends cant account for the difference. Pinnacle, a small cap, has grown 11,000% over 10 years! It's the "flavour of the month" because people are taking notice now - not because its only just started performing.

So its cool - CML and AVI are awesome, dependable, reliable stocks that are diversified from a risk perspective. CML invests in other companies (like Clicks for example) and AVI has such divergent brands as I&J and Jimmy Choo under its umbrella. But CML and AVI are by no means the best longer term performers on the stock exchange, even when taking dividends into account (from a purely historical point of view). So I just want to make clear to anyone who might take your posts as pure gospel, and perhaps even to you, that if your research is extensive enough, you'd be able to easily identify stronger investments than CML and AVI - in hindsight!

I think your outlook for the future is that these two stocks are "safe" because of low volatility combined with a general trend up so far, and that anything that goes up and down is less predictable and therefore "not safe". This irrational fear will lead to you not finding potentially exceptional investments because you have the blinkers on, and thats your loss, not mine. I couldnt give a monkeys tail if you want to do that - its fine with me. However readers need to realise the simple truth that there is obviously alot more potential out there than 2 stocks. Research should also be forward looking - not just backward looking, or based on today.

For reference, in my portfolio i have WHL and CML, but not AVI and MRP or PNC, so i dont feel like i have too much bias on the topic.AVI, MRP and PNC are all being watched closely, and when i check out the recent performance, expected future performance, management plans and other fundamental information, I'll decide if I feel that one might be attractive to get a position in. I keep an open mind and will happily pickup any investment that will deliver a solid return, and dump any other investment that goes too far south beyond a certain point. Volatility is for day traders.
    thank you, very well thought out post and valid on all points. ironically enough i bought PNC on friday.
    (localhost)127...1

I invested for income online a few times , problems were it was either too low paying dividends or websites that I was just too scared to put my money in. But since last month I've been making money online , and its so so easy

Banned

Mark. Yes they do go down but not with the general market and certainly not as much. I still stick with these 2 as the best picks for solid returns and good divs. If you can show stocks that do better, then please tell. What I mean by that is stocks that are not as volatile as those you mentioned.
    I could actually challenge anyone here to show me which stocks are more secure and are the least volatile.
    If you can do so, then I would add them to my portfolio.
    Last edited by marco; 06-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pillaishaun View Post
    I invested for income online a few times , problems were it was either too low paying dividends or websites that I was just too scared to put my money in. But since last month I've been making money online , and its so so easy
    Only a hooker is easy .

Banned

Now look a my MTA stock. Up about 20% over the past 2 months. Thank you. Made big bucks. Now you try.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345