Thread: Torrent question?

Question Torrent question?

So I'm new to torrents using 8ta to dwnload. And I noticed that I was uploading more than I was downloading so I set the upload speed to 1.0 kbs, getting decent download speed 48-15 kibs for a torrent and using a lot less data, is there something wrong with doing this?

Don't think I'm getting the best speed though? But I'd prefer it that way if it saves data.
    ~The time of the Elves is coming to an end.~

District 9
    Blog Entries

You can leave it that way for as long as it remains constant, but sooner or later your downloads are going to drop as well.

All depends on how many people are seeding and at what speeds etc. If you're on any form of capped account, I suggest keeping the upload speed between 1-5kb/s

If I were you I'd use a service like downstorm (sp?) that downloads the torrents for you and you just download via HTTP. Should be much much faster and there's a community of guys there so you don't necessarily have to pay for huge amount of space on your own account to get what others probably also already downloaded.

Auckland, New Zealand

Rather download via http or nzb if you are on a capped account, uses much less data to get what you want since you have 0 upload and little to no overhead.