Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Xbox 360 internet connection help.

Default Xbox 360 internet connection help.

Hi, I am having trouble connecting my xbox to the internet. I have a xbox 360 s that I am trying to connect though my laptop (windows 7 ultimate, built-in wireless) with a Iburst USB modem. I get the xbox to connect to media center and i can stream and watch vids and music, but it cannot pick up the internet. I've enabled ics, disabled my avast firewall, and still nothing. If anyone knows how to, or even if anyone has any useful suggestions- it would be greatly appreciated.

I have my Xbox connected (via lan cable) to my PC which connects through a wireless card to my router (which runs through ADSL)

This may be different for you, but try anyway. Turn off ICS

What I did was to manually configure an IP address on my Xbox in the same range as my ADSL Router has it's IP range (the gateway is 192.168.0.1, which is the router)

My Xbox IP for example is 192.168.0.55. I also manually entered the Subnet (255.255.255.0) and manually entered the primary/secondary DNS IP's (I use MWEB's IP's they assign to the router)

I make sure my network card (the cable) is configured on "auto" for the IP's. I then select my netword card (cable) and the wireless card in Network Connections (ctrl-select) and then right-click and "Add to Bridge"

This should automatically configure a new Network Bridge between the wireless card of the laptop and the wired lan cable going to your xbox. et voila.

(FYI, I just now had to reconfigure my xbox because I had network issues on the PC and haven't played online for a few weeks, so this info is 100% accurate)

Quote Originally Posted by Tw171 View Post
    Hi, I am having trouble connecting my xbox to the internet. I have a xbox 360 s that I am trying to connect though my laptop (windows 7 ultimate, built-in wireless) with a Iburst USB modem. I get the xbox to connect to media center and i can stream and watch vids and music, but it cannot pick up the internet. I've enabled ics, disabled my avast firewall, and still nothing. If anyone knows how to, or even if anyone has any useful suggestions- it would be greatly appreciated.
    Reabo.co.uk :|: Connect to Xbox Live with a Wireless USB Dongle
    ------------------------
    Beste een nog
    http://www.reabo.co.uk/_tutorials/xbox-live-with-a-dongle.aspx

By the way, I suggest instead of using media center, just download the optional media patch on your xbox and watch movies from a flashdrive.. Using Media center on the xbox, is just a way to make a simple thing, unnecasarily difficult. Buy a vga cable, switch your tvs source between the hd xbox connection and your vga pc cable..