Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Call Vodacom On their **** !

Default Call Vodacom On their **** !

I hope who ever reads this will start to analysing vodacoms contracts and not get caught out by this horrible company.

I was viewing the Laptop Data deals in the new brochure for the month, I see a Acer Aspire ultrabook Notebook + 1GB + K3805 USB modem for R759 PM (Which is broken down as Laptop: R510 and Subscription: R249)

I also see a Hp 4530s probook notebook with a built in modem + 1GB for R599 PM (Which is broken down as Laptop: R350 and Subscription: R249)

Now the issue is the Subscription fee of R249, how dare vodacom class a built in modem in the HP the same as a USB modem, Vodacom do not produce HP laptops therefore how dare they act as if they are giving the modem away as if it were an option to them.

I hope people read this and realise the big corporates in this country are actually the biggest scam artists around, disgusted at vodacom.

And one more thing, why are they charging R249 for 1GB where it can be clearly seen at the back of the brochure that its R99.

Quote Originally Posted by SeEkEr22 View Post
    Now the issue is the Subscription fee of R249, how dare vodacom class a built in modem in the HP the same as a USB modem, Vodacom do not produce HP laptops therefore how dare they act as if they are giving the modem away as if it were an option to them.
    What is your point?

And one more thing, why are they charging R249 for 1GB where it can be clearly seen at the back of the brochure that its R99.
    The 1Gig @ R99.00 per month is the Mofaya special running at the moment. You cant get the laptop deals on this. You can only get the K3772 modem for example on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    What is your point?
    Yes...I am also not very certain what the post is about. I am a bit lost.
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

I think the point being made is that the HP has a built in modem, and there should not be a subscription fee of R249 p/m for a 1 gig cap....

The Acer deal comes with an external modem, hence the R249 p/m subscription is acceptable.

Uh the modem comes free with the Acer Aspire...

Quote Originally Posted by Niren_M View Post
    I think the point being made is that the HP has a built in modem, and there should not be a subscription fee of R249 p/m for a 1 gig cap....

The Acer deal comes with an external modem, hence the R249 p/m subscription is acceptable.

heh? Sorry...I might just be very dof...but I dont get it? A modem is a modem..be it built in or not. I really am confused by the argument being made.
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    heh? Sorry...I might just be very dof...but I dont get it? A modem is a modem..be it built in or not. I really am confused by the argument being made.
    Your paying for the built in modem in the laptop monthly fee not the subscription, so vodacom are still charging R249 PM as if they are giving you a free USB modem, we are essentially being charged twice for the built in modem

Super Grandmaster

Your paying for the built in modem in the laptop monthly fee not the subscription, so vodacom are still charging R249 PM as if they are giving you a free USB modem, we are essentially being charged twice for the built in modem
    Easy one to solve. Sell the external modem.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Built-in modems are normally optional, and they cost a lot more than their USB counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Easy one to solve. Sell the external modem.
    Huh?????? Then you left with no modem.
    Last edited by SeEkEr22; 13-03-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Built-in modems are normally optional, and they cost a lot more than their USB counterparts.
    Yesssssssss.. But that should be included in the laptop fee not the subscription fee

Yesssssssss.. But that should be included in the laptop fee not the subscription fee
    Says you?

Whether Vodacom makes the subs on the subscription fee a little less and load it onto the laptop fee...it would work out the same.

Says you?
    Says logic actually, when you go to a shop and buy 10 items, u don't get a slip for 1 or 2 round figures, you get an accurate breakdown of each item purchased, so why not the same in this instance????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast