Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call Vodacom On their **** !

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Whether Vodacom makes the subs on the subscription fee a little less and load it onto the laptop fee...it would work out the same.
    Then is it to much to ask for an accurate breakdown, seeing as we are dealing with a professional company here

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by SeEkEr22 View Post
    Huh?????? Then you left with no modem.
    Ah my apologies, I assumed the Ultrabook came with a 3G modem... kinda daft that it doesn't given the price.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Then is it to much to ask for an accurate breakdown, seeing as we are dealing with a professional company here
    Because the built in modem is built in and therefore it is one unit. When we book laptops into our back office we book it in with the IMEI of the modem....so when you look on your invoice it will show the laptop...but with the IMEI number of the modem inside it. It wont have two items though, one for the laptop and one for the modem cause it is one item. Or would you like us to invoice you for the RAM, DVD Drive too?
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Because the built in modem is built in and therefore it is one unit. When we book laptops into our back office we book it in with the IMEI of the modem....so when you look on your invoice it will show the laptop...but with the IMEI number of the modem inside it. It wont have two items though, one for the laptop and one for the modem cause it is one item. Or would you like us to invoice you for the RAM, DVD Drive too?
    Dude don't get ****ing clever here, Laptop fee and subscription fee, only two fees I'm worried about, just include built in modem in laptop fee and drop the subscription fee.

I wasn't asking for a breakdown of the laptop, I want a breakdown of the contract

Dude don't get ****ing clever here, Laptop fee and subscription fee, only two fees I'm worried about, just include built in modem in laptop fee and drop the subscription fee.

I wasn't asking for a breakdown of the laptop, I want a breakdown of the contract
    In your other post you said that when you buy goods at the shops you get a detailed breakdown on your slip of what you bought. I was responding to that.

And like I said before....whether they make the subs less and then load that discount back onto the laptop fee...I honestly dont understand what how that would make a difference as your total on the invoice will be the same.

But its ok....dont want to get ***** clever here....so I will then leave you to have your argument with someone else rather.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

In your other post you said that when you buy goods at the shops you get a detailed breakdown on your slip of what you bought. I was responding to that.

And like I said before....whether they make the subs less and then load that discount back onto the laptop fee...I honestly dont understand what how that would make a difference as your total on the invoice will be the same.

But its ok....dont want to get ***** clever here....so I will then leave you to have your argument with someone else rather.
    Bye Vodacom shill

Bye Vodacom shill

Look...I am sorry for loosing my temper and getting a little snotty (even though it was more of a light hearted joke than anything else..but reading it I can see how it would have been taken the wrong way).

I just really do not understand what your point is.

I will for sure be a lot more selective about what threads I take part in. I normally enjoy discussing issues with peeps on here....but lately things go around and around in circles and it can be very tiring.

Again, I appologise. I hope someone else can assist you with your problem.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

I think the point is, why bother to break the price down, when in one instance you get a USB modem with your data and in the other you don't (both for R249)

and yes, realise the laptop has a 3G modem, but it's not like you can take it out and use it on any other machine.....

BTW WHAT IS UP WITH VODACOM SMS's, CALLS AND THEIR HOMEPAGE?
    BEEN STUFFED FOR PAST WEEK!
    -------- e-tolling is a new tax, with added VAT! Don't support corruption, don't get an e-tag! and don't pay! -------

Blog Entries

The only one that's not clever is the **** that buys a laptop from vodacom on any of these deals.

If you must buy the laptop and you don't have the cash to buy it outright then buy it on your credit card.

For example:

Vodacom: Laptop+1GB/m= R14376

Credit Card@20% interest: Laptop+8ta 10GB@R199/m=R12105
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFig View Post
    Well, well, well....

I am sooooo pissed off I could punch a dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
    and yes, realise the laptop has a 3G modem, but it's not like you can take it out and use it on any other machine.....
    These modems are mini-PCIe cards. Open the slot at the bottom, unscrew it and take it out.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    These modems are mini-PCIe cards. Open the slot at the bottom, unscrew it and take it out.

For example:

sure, if your desktop has mini-pcie slot
    -------- e-tolling is a new tax, with added VAT! Don't support corruption, don't get an e-tag! and don't pay! -------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Built-in modems are normally optional, and they cost a lot more than their USB counterparts.
    This,

I have several laptops that can take 3G....if I buy the modem... but they are pretty expensive so the slot stays open.

Is this skeptiks newest troll account?
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12