Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: different rates for high end users?

Default different rates for high end users?

Hi just a quick question

If your are considered a high end user because of building and alterations who can I speak to about lowering our electricity rate?, building has completed for about 2 months now
    “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”― Nelson Mandela

Super Grandmaster

You should take it up with your municipality. As far as I know it is calculated when they check your usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

even as I am on pre-payed?
    “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”― Nelson Mandela

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mineer View Post
    even as I am on pre-payed?
    With prepaid I have no idea. Maybe phone whoever is in charge of that thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Doesn't your pre-paid rate reset every month?

The pre paid rate is calculated based on average usage over a 12 month period - I think. It is not month to month as it used to be in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by badtrev View Post
    The pre paid rate is calculated based on average usage over a 12 month period - I think. It is not month to month as it used to be in the past.
    so we stuck we with this rate for the entire year

I really don't understand the logic behind paying more the more you use. Shouldn't the rates go down as you use more. Buy bulk get a discount.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Super Grandmaster

If you getting electricity from Eskom directly on prepaid, its tiered (reset monthly)
    e.g

0-100units you pay x/unit
    101-200 units you pay y/unit
    201-300 units you pay z/unit

http://www.eskom.co.za/content/IBTChangePoster.pdf

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mineer View Post
    so we stuck we with this rate for the entire year
    The average should be re-calculated every month if the city follows their own published rules. So it will take some months, and could even take a year if you are now using 450 units per month. It's best to keep track of this yourself because the city has a tendency to ignore the rules since that way they make a bigger profit.

Quote Originally Posted by badtrev View Post
    It's been average usage over 12 months for some years now.

Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    I really don't understand the logic behind paying more the more you use. Shouldn't the rates go down as you use more. Buy bulk get a discount.
    Yes, if there is endless supply. Take water as an example, if it was cheaper the more you used everyone would have an incentive to use as much as possible to get classed as a bulk user.

Quote Originally Posted by noxibox View Post
    Yes, if there is endless supply. Take water as an example, if it was cheaper the more you used everyone would have an incentive to use as much as possible to get classed as a bulk user.
    As long as you build your infrastructure properly there should be an effectively endless supply.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    As long as you build your infrastructure properly there should be an effectively endless supply.
    And you'll get the money to pay for endlessly increasing infrastructure by charging those who use more higher prices.