Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68

Thread: OpenWeb Gold and throttled

  1. #31

    Default

    Hello,

    Please email support@openweb.co.za so that we can investigate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    <Eish!> Maybe my account "partner" is busy tonight since my account is only running at half speed. </Eish!>

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grahamstown
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    Hello,

    Please email support@openweb.co.za so that we can investigate.
    I have full speed today. I don't know why I should hit shaping in the early hours of the morning and yet have full speed during the day, even on weekdays. The reverse would be my normal expectation. Anyway, I'm very happy with my account and the general performance levels. It is more than sufficient for my needs and so the situation doesn't warrant investigation.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I have full speed today. I don't know why I should hit shaping in the early hours of the morning and yet have full speed during the day, even on weekdays. The reverse would be my normal expectation. Anyway, I'm very happy with my account and the general performance levels. It is more than sufficient for my needs and so the situation doesn't warrant investigation.
    Out of interest, on which backbone are you Gatecrasher ?
    And thats the bottom line, cause StoneCold said so...
    Proud Openweb Gold Uncapped Unshaped user

    Quote Originally Posted by vinodh View Post
    They must have throttled your cancellation request

  4. #34

    Default

    On the 10Mbps Unshaped Uncapped (Gold).

    DL's have been wildly unpredictable this weekend, right now it's hovering at 200Kb, p!ss poor for a premium paid service. Given how it's constantly bouncing between 100Kb and 950Kb p/s I suspect some throttling/QoS happening on I.S's side.
    nulled[void]
    GuildWars Guild: www.nulled.za.net

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mccrack View Post
    On the 10Mbps Unshaped Uncapped (Gold).

    DL's have been wildly unpredictable this weekend, right now it's hovering at 200Kb, p!ss poor for a premium paid service. Given how it's constantly bouncing between 100Kb and 950Kb p/s I suspect some throttling/QoS happening on I.S's side.
    Same here. I have a 10mbps After Hours Uncapped account. I also have a 4mbps Mweb uncapped account.

    I am load balancing between them. 50% of all connections I make go through Mweb, and 50% go through Openweb.

    I've been running over 700 connections, through 10 large torrents, for a day. The split the torrent connections between the lines.

    Both lines are 10mbps, and can peak at about 850-900 KB/s, so that is basically 7 mbps.

    The Mweb line averages 3.5 mbps. It basically runs at full capacity the whole time. (account limit)

    The Openweb account is averaging 0.9 mbps. The highest that it has been was 1.8 mbps for a few seconds.

    Midway through my testing I switched the accounts between the two lines. No change was seen.

    I am terribly disappointing in this Openweb product. I wish it could just live up to their rhetoric. I know that I will be cancelling and just buying two 4mbps Mweb uncapped accounts. They will at least run full speed during the day and night.

    It's not really about getting that 10mbps speed once in a while. When that clock strikes 7 and my speed doesn't jump up to at least 5mbps then this product is a waste of my time and money.

  6. #36
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grahamstown
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold View Post
    Out of interest, on which backbone are you Gatecrasher ?
    DSLHeaven.

    Running at half speed again this morning.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 18-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #37

    Default

    If you are experiencing a problem, please please please email support@openweb.co.za

    We cannot assist if you simply post on this forum.

    Please email us. Please

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    DSLHeaven.

    Running at half speed again this morning.

  8. #38
    Grandmaster efitol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Neither nor
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    If you are experiencing a problem, please please please email support@openweb.co.za

    We cannot assist if you simply post on this forum.

    Please email us. Please
    Why are you ignoring the original post? I did email support, and I still haven't received a response.
    ...IMHO.

    Run any Windows program as a service
    CPU|Mobo|RAM|HDD|Screen|KB|Mouse|Case|Am I cool nao? :3

  9. #39
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grahamstown
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    If you are experiencing a problem, please please please email support@openweb.co.za

    We cannot assist if you simply post on this forum.

    Please email us. Please
    I don't need assistance. If it becomes a problem I will email you as I have in the past. At the moment it is just a curiosity.

  10. #40

    Default

    Kindly email support@openweb.co.za with your MyADSL nickname and ADSL username. I'm afraid we cannot identify you based on a forum post.

    Quote Originally Posted by efitol View Post
    Why are you ignoring the original post? I did email support, and I still haven't received a response.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    I'm afraid we cannot identify you based on a forum post.
    Surely your email system provides a search function? Or even sort by subject? There are like 2 pages worth of unique email conversation in OP.

    Sure 130gigs is excessive, but that is no excuse for these kinds of useless responses. Speedtests are timing out & the response is buy after hours uncapped? 20kbps on HTTP and its blamed on shaping? Purposefully ignoring OP while helping everyone else? WTF

    I'd be seriously pissed at this stage...
    Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    I'm afraid we cannot identify you based on a forum post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Surely your email system provides a search function? Or even sort by subject? There are like 2 pages worth of unique email conversation in OP.

    Sure 130gigs is excessive, but that is no excuse for these kinds of useless responses. Speedtests are timing out & the response is buy after hours uncapped? 20kbps on HTTP and its blamed on shaping? Purposefully ignoring OP while helping everyone else? WTF

    I'd be seriously pissed at this stage...
    I mweb can
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The peanut gallery has you.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEP View Post
    Hello,

    We purchase capacity opposed to accounts from some networks, thus when you view stats, you are seeing raw capacity stats opposed to your own. There are a few cases where we had to provide a single logon to activate folks due to problems we were experiencing with radius. However, this was resolved quite a while back.

    You do not share bandwidth with a partner. Each connection is shaped according to total capacity available. Shaping is by IP, not by username.
    A couple of friends of mine investigated this and it turns out that your uncapped specials (where you offer 200 accounts at a certain price) all shares the same login details and are normally on the BCS network. BCS confirmed that they do not sell raw bandwidth, only accounts. The same goes for Vodacom accounts...but in addition Vodacom wholesale forwarded pricing for their uncapped services. Let's just say that your "gold" pricing was in some cases far less than the wholesale pricing. A username was provided to Vodacom after which they confirmed that there was multiple logins on the account, from different locations. Vodacom also confirmed that they do not condone multiple logins per account as the service will degrade and they won't be able to guarantee the performance.

    If your clients are seeing "raw capacity stats", with multiple logins, then how come Afrihost and Axxess (and any other providers for that matter) doesn't have the problem?

  14. #44

    Default

    The raw stats is an issue we are working on, which will be resolved with the launch of our new CP later this year.

    We do not have the same agreements that the other ISP's have with our upstream providers. We sell multiple networks, where some ISP's only sell access to one specific network.

    However, as per the latter, the raw bandwidth stats is a problem which will be addressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    A couple of friends of mine investigated this and it turns out that your uncapped specials (where you offer 200 accounts at a certain price) all shares the same login details and are normally on the BCS network. BCS confirmed that they do not sell raw bandwidth, only accounts. The same goes for Vodacom accounts...but in addition Vodacom wholesale forwarded pricing for their uncapped services. Let's just say that your "gold" pricing was in some cases far less than the wholesale pricing. A username was provided to Vodacom after which they confirmed that there was multiple logins on the account, from different locations. Vodacom also confirmed that they do not condone multiple logins per account as the service will degrade and they won't be able to guarantee the performance.

    If your clients are seeing "raw capacity stats", with multiple logins, then how come Afrihost and Axxess (and any other providers for that matter) doesn't have the problem?

  15. #45

    Default

    We cannot search for a clients personal information on this forum.

    He must please email our support department so that we can resolve his problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Surely your email system provides a search function? Or even sort by subject? There are like 2 pages worth of unique email conversation in OP.

    Sure 130gigs is excessive, but that is no excuse for these kinds of useless responses. Speedtests are timing out & the response is buy after hours uncapped? 20kbps on HTTP and its blamed on shaping? Purposefully ignoring OP while helping everyone else? WTF

    I'd be seriously pissed at this stage...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •