Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation of folding sliding doors - and the CPA

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    The installer didn't hang the doors - it was delivered like that... all he did was install the frame and glass.

Basically, an entire frame with doors riveted in was delivered, the installer had to install the frame into the wall - and then install the glass.
    I think that is probably the supplier's fault due to incorrect assembly

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    I think that is probably the supplier's fault due to incorrect assembly
    Exactly - was told they'd phone me back today - so lets see, they close at 12.

We really need an effective way of handling companies like this... once they have your money service is non-existent.

Super Grandmaster

****ing awesome - I just noticed they also decided to move one of the clips, I was wondering how the doors aligned when the left and right side were mounted incorrectly.

Super Grandmaster

Is this where you lodge a complaint? I will now claim for my money back -and damages for the re-installation of my previous door.

http://www.nccsa.org.za/index.php/Co...omplaints.html

Super Grandmaster

Who do you address a letter of demand to when sending it to a company?

I now discovered the actual door doesn't latch when closed, the only way to keep it closed is to lock it - looking at the actual lock, you can see someone has filed it - probably to get it to fit with the misaligned doors.

It would seem I have either been sold a second hand door retrofitted to my property, or someone stuffed up in the assembly/manufacturer and tried to fix it without anyone noticing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12