Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8ta 10GB Promo - 3g card loses connection?

Default 8ta 10GB Promo - 3g card loses connection?

Hi All,

Not sure if any of you have had this problem? I got the 8ta 10Gb promo a few months back and I have been very happy with the deal and the speed. However recently, I connect to the internet (On a full/good 3g signal) and everything is fine but then after +-15mins of surfing, the 'downloaded' icon stops lighting up - the uploading icon only lights up. It is almost like I can't connect to the websites server?

When this happen I cant access any web pages and it says internet is offline...

I'm not an internet fundi so any advice will help. Maybe even an 8ta representative can explain this?

I'm connecting off an Huawei E170 usb stick

Hi!

Please PM or email us the following:
    8ta Number:
    Address:
    Contact number:

We would like to help sort this out
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxstompa View Post
    Hi All,

Not sure if any of you have had this problem? I got the 8ta 10Gb promo a few months back and I have been very happy with the deal and the speed. However recently, I connect to the internet (On a full/good 3g signal) and everything is fine but then after +-15mins of surfing, the 'downloaded' icon stops lighting up - the uploading icon only lights up. It is almost like I can't connect to the websites server?

When this happen I cant access any web pages and it says internet is offline...

I'm not an internet fundi so any advice will help. Maybe even an 8ta representative can explain this?

I'm connecting off an Huawei E170 usb stick

Master

Ha Ha,

I have two Promo 5's. EVERY DAY, my connection on both modems will die for up to 30 minutes per session. The one modem is connected to an 3G antenna installed by Telkom. The other I installed myself, and on both devices the signal is between 70% and 90%, I also have line of sight to the tower. On both 3G routers, I the routers have an IP, DNS, Gateway address, there is just no packet flow, so the problem does not lie with the modem, or the routers.

I also email social@8ta.com.... got no response, and it's been weeks now.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Same problem here using Huawei E180 modem

similar issues last week. I haven't tried for 4 days now. Play BF3 and have Teamspeak on. Play for 20-30min. Then my internet disconnects. Reboot router to get it to reconnect. connects for 5 -10 min and disconnects. using a E1820 modem.

Super Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

I heard 8ta has this new deal with the 10GB promo that includes something like R6000 apple/itunes voucher...is that just a rumour?

I have had only good service from 8ta compared to the junk at another wireless ISP

I was just saying about a week ago how well my 8ta 60 + 60 data bundle was working. Now it is disconnecting all the time, and my downloads are cutting out and I'm wasting a lot of bandwidth. Very disappointing.
    :-)

Into my 6th month with 8ta 10gig promo and its definitely slowing down and disconnecting more and more as time goes by.
    Today i barely had it working more than 5 minutes at a time and then it was only at seriously slow speed, barely usable...was barely able refresh this page.

Also happens to me. Every single day at about 16:15 I get disconnected for 20-30mins. I still have signal and all is good but it just refuses to connect.

Using B660 router + windows mounted antenna from poynting.
    Last edited by Muffzy; 20-03-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Same here.... It seems as if there is still an upload feed, and the download just drops to 0 and then everything times out. Happens each and every session.

Same problem. Works for about an hour then just dies. Thought it was my router, until I came here. Relatively irritating when you're trying to play some dota and you get disconnected every 2nd game

Quote Originally Posted by Muffzy View Post
    Every single day at about 16:15 I get disconnected for 20-30mins. I still have signal and all is good but it just refuses to connect.
    This is an accurate explanation of what I experience as well. Every day after 16:00 my connection would "die" while still connected. Then I would disable the modem and enable it again or sometimes restart to get it to connect. When the connection dies, the modem stays connected, but when I disconnected it, it is unable to connect again. Untill I disable it and re-enable it. Or restart the laptop.

I'm using an internal 3G router. And my home is in Annlin, if this helps anyone.
    "Uncapped is like eating on 'All You Can Eat' night! Capped is like ordering the pizza size you want of the menu."- Gian from Afrihost

guys, please note that 8ta will simply tell you your modem is malfunctioning and to PM them... this is utter nonsense im fed up to the teeth and will do all in my power to expose this rubbish we are going through, we paid our moneys for service.... if you wanna know why we are upset... look here http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...conets-on-idle or here or better yet... here http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...62-SO-ANNOYING

in all cases the 8ta rep asks if our modems might be faulty??? all at once? co-incidence?? after this bundle i've purchased expires... gone i am! i feel sorry for contract subscribers... this is just nonsense really! FIX THE DAM THING ALREADY, we dont all have to PM you individually, obviously, theres a huge problem on 8ta's side (extremely frustrated now)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast