Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Praying at a Public School Gathering

We were at a school function last thursday and there was a spiritual reading and pray and it is a mixed school (different faiths) and I wondered how the other non christian folk felt about the prayer part but I guess if you not running down each others faith and you praying for guidence or something then everyone can relate to it and no one should be offended.

Super Grandmaster

So maybe the school principle is allowed to invite religious speakers at his/her discretion?
    I'm sure they are welcome to, provided attendance is not compulsory and that they also invite preachers from all other religions on the same terms.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

Super Grandmaster

We were at a school function last thursday and there was a spiritual reading and pray and it is a mixed school (different faiths)
    Not acceptable under the current school policy.

But nothing will happen unless it is reported.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    So maybe the school principle is allowed to invite religious speakers at his/her discretion?
    If it is something where attendance is mandatory, then no. And if these speakers are always from the same religion, then no too. By that I mean I'd object.

Quote Originally Posted by waynegohl View Post
    We were at a school function last thursday and there was a spiritual reading and pray and it is a mixed school (different faiths) and I wondered how the other non christian folk felt about the prayer part but I guess if you not running down each others faith and you praying for guidence or something then everyone can relate to it and no one should be offended.
    Depends whether every time they do it is consistently from one mythology.

The principal I assume to be christian and the vice principal is muslim and someone reads from the bible at these meetings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234