Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Robert Bales - Afghan Massacre Case

Default Up to 20 US terrorists behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe

An Afghan parliamentary investigation team has implicated up to 20 US troops in the massacre of 16 civilians in Kandahar early on Sunday morning. It contradicts NATO's account that insists one rogue soldier was behind the slaughter.

*The team of Afghan lawmakers has spent two days collating reports from witnesses, survivors and inhabitants of the villages where the tragedy took place.

“We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups,” investigator Hamizai Lali told Afghan News.

Lali also said their investigations led them to believe 15 to 20 US soldiers had been involved in the killings. He appealed to the international community to ensure that the responsible parties were brought to justice, stressing the Afghan parliament would not rest until the killers were prosecuted.

"If the international community does not play its role in punishing the perpetrators, the Wolesi Jirga [parliament] would declare foreign troops as occupying forces,” he said.

The head of the Afghan parliamentary investigation, Sayed Ishaq Gillani, told the BBC that witnesses report seeing helicopters dropping chaff during the attack, a measure used to hide targets from ground attack.

Gillani added that locals suspect the massacre was revenge for attacks carried out last week on US forces that left several injured.

In response to the massacre Afghan PM Hamid Karzai called for US troops to quit Afghan villages and confine themselves to their military bases across the country. Furthermore, the Taliban announced that talks with US forces would be suspended.

Meanwhile the US military has detained one soldier in connection with the massacre and transferred him to Kuwait amid outcry for a public trial in Afghanistan. Currently, the soldier is being flown to Kansas base, AFP reported.

US authorities are currently conducting an investigation into the motives behind the attack, but maintain that the soldier’s trial must be dealt with by the US legal system.

It is believed that the soldier may have had alcohol problems and been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
    http://rt.com/news/massacre-kandahar...-american-705/

Wow i can bet you right now that nobody will believe witness accounts and will believe the word of nato.

Insane to think up to 19 terrorists could be freely carrying on like nothing happened.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai slams Washington for its lack of cooperation over the probe into the killing of 16 Afghan civilians who were shot by at least one US soldier on Sunday. Karzai says the US stance has put him "at the end of the rope."

*President Karzai says the Afghan delegation he has sent to look into the incident has not received the cooperation Kabul expected from American officials, reports the Associated Press.

"The Afghan government didn't receive cooperation from the USA regarding the surrender of the US soldiers to the Afghan government. This (civilian casualties) has been going on too long. This is by all means the end of the rope here," Karzai said after meeting families of the civilians killed in the shooting spree.

During the meeting, the relatives of the deceased insisted there was more than one shooter and complained the Americans failed to provide all the information they requested. Earlier, Kabul said there was surveillance video Washington was not willing to share with Afghan investigators.

The families of the deseased demanded justice and repeated their call for a public trial of the American suspect in Afghanistan.

"I don't want any compensation. I don't want money, I don't want a trip to Mecca, I don't want a house. I want nothing. But what I absolutely want is the punishment of the Americans. This is my demand," one villager, whose brother was killed in the slaughter, told Reuters.

According to NATO’s probe, only one soldier was behind the slaughter in southern Afghanistan. Various reasons have been given for the rampage: abuse of alcohol, combat trauma, and even a troubled marriage. At the moment, the 38-year-old army staff sergeant, whose name is still withheld, is being moved from Kuwait to a military base in Kansas, reports Agence France Presse.

But Afghan investigators are convinced that it takes more than one to kill so many people in two villages within one hour. Currently, they are considering the possibility a number of American soldiers were involved in the massacre as 15 to 20 of them split into two groups.

"In (one) family, in four rooms people were killed, women and children were killed, and they were all brought together in one room and then put on fire. That one man cannot do," Karzai said as quoted by Reuters.

On Friday, the Afghan leader said he wanted to preserve good relations with Washington, but this is becoming increasingly difficult. The US should show more respect to Afghan culture and laws, he added.

"This form of activity, this behavior, cannot be tolerated. It's past, past, past the time," says Karzai.

On Thursday, Karzai had also demanded that NATO troops keep to their main bases withdrawing from rural areas and villages. The Afghan leader now also wants to take over security duties from the US in 2013, he said in his meeting with the US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. If agreed, this would come a year earlier compared to the US original plan to pull out its forces by 2014.
    Last edited by killadoob; 16-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Sounds like the work of terrorists to me.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Blog Entries

Like I said.... if it was one or twenty... what difference is it going to make now?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Like I said.... if it was one or twenty... what difference is it going to make now?
    Hmmm so you would have no issue with say 20 criminals killing a family of 16 people and only one gets caught and the police don't bother with the other 19?

A bit odd but each to their own i guess.

20 soldiers to kill 16 civilians?
    that doesnt sound very efficient
    dear julius malema, desmond tutu, joey barton, barcelona, uefa, na$ri: ..|..

Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    20 soldiers to kill 16 civilians?
    that doesnt sound very efficient
    So all the witnesses are lying?

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    So all the witnesses are lying?
    who knows
    i find it hard to believe there were 20 US soldiers responsible, if they really were on a killing spree they wouldve topped alot more than 16 frags and probably left no witnesses
    dear julius malema, desmond tutu, joey barton, barcelona, uefa, na$ri: ..|..

Quote Originally Posted by alf101 View Post
    What witnesses?
    Perhaps the best thing for you to do is read the article, or at least read the first few lines of the article at the very minimum.

So nivek once again who is lying, nato or all the witnesses interviewed(read the article alf)? Odd how warped the truth can get.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Hmmm so you would have no issue with say 20 criminals killing a family of 16 people and only one gets caught and the police don't bother with the other 19?

A bit odd but each to their own i guess.
    Police? Which police? This is an international incident between two countries in a war zone. WTF do the police have to do with it?

And you know very well what I think of the killing of innocent people... any people, so quit trolling.

I do hope whoever is responsible is brought to justice, but I don't hold out much hope.
    The US is clearly to blame here, and I don't see much chance of them doing the right thing here.
    Regardless of what happens, they have damaged their own reputation beyond repair.

Yet a suicide bomber killing innocent people is not a war situation gary, omg this is so funny.

This is not an international incident, it is straight up without a doubt an act of terror gary, absolutely no difference between a suicide bomber killing americans or americans killing afghans.

Why is a suicide bomber targeting american soldiers called a terrorist but an american soldier killing innocent people on purpose gets called an incident? What kind of logic are we dealing with here?

This was a terrorist act, simple as that and anyone who aided in this attack should be killed or sent to a prison without trial, isn't that how it works gary?

Insane.
    Last edited by killadoob; 16-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Whew, strange that Google only returns RT links for this article huh .........
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

How did I know who started this thread by only looking at the title!

Mephesto your googling skillz must suck something horrific bud .

It came directly from the afghan news and not RT. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panjwai_shooting_spree although there is no way people will believe afghans over nato, i mean surely nato would not lie to people. O wait

Lino if you don't have anything of interest to say perhaps it's best to just leave the thread alone surely?
    O look www.cnn.com is running the story. http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/16/wo...html?hpt=hp_t2
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82F0PV20120316

OMG another one running the story, what is going on here guys, didn't RT fabricate and lie or something, perhaps the western papers are now also lying and fabricating stories. Perhaps the afghan president is the liar.
    Last edited by killadoob; 16-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    One lone nut as opposed to a concerted attack by a group, makes for very different stories. One is palatable, although awful, the other is completely unacceptable insanity and barbarism.

*edit*

Not that I'm endorsing one story or the other, I've no clue, haven't even read the article in this thread, it's Friday, could not be arsed.
    glorp

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    One lone nut as opposed to a concerted attack by a group, makes for very different stories. One is palatable, although awful, the other is completely unacceptable insanity and barbarism.

*edit*

Not that I'm endorsing one story or the other, I've no clue, haven't even read the article in this thread, it's Friday, could not be arsed.
    Right now nato know they can lie and many ignorant people will believe them. So the only evidence they have has been taken out the country and now it's nato vs the afghans and who do you think people will believe without a doubt copa? Nato of course because nato are good and would never lie . It's like a cult when the west say something bang belief. Even when they are proven to be liars people still believe everything they say.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast