Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HP OfficeJet 5610 printer issue

Default HP OfficeJet 5610 printer issue

Hi

I have had an HP OfficeJet 5610 printer for about 5 years now.

A few weeks ago it took 20 minutes to print 1 page, after that page it stopped working and says "Cartridge Error, refer to documentation".

I have tried restarting my printer several times, and it continues giving me this error. I cant print, scan or fax, this error message wont let my printer do other stuff.

I lost the packaging of my printer, is there anywhere I can view the documentation for this printer online, also does this error suggest my printer may be annihilated for good?

Thanks

Have you tried another cartridge?
    How old is the cartridge that you are using?
    If you don't want to buy more cartrisgea now you coyld always send it in for a quote & see if it needs repairing.
    Juat don't send it to let me repair... you'll be lucky if you get a quote after 3 weeks.

You can DL the standard manual from HP's site

Quote Originally Posted by ngadao08 View Post
    I have tried restarting my printer several times, and it continues giving me this error. I cant print, scan or fax, this error message wont let my printer do other stuff.
    If you remove the cartridges do the other functions work?
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    If you remove the cartridges do the other functions work?
    from what I've seen before. Those printers do not scan or fax without cartridges in. Even if the cardriges are empty it still needs cartridges. (This was on a client's printer)

I have tried removing cartridges, nothing else works unless there are cartridges in the printer.

I took out both cartridges.

I first plugged in the HP 22 Colour cartridge, then I got the message "Insert Black cartridge"
    I then plugged in the HP 56 Black Cartridge, then I got the message "Cartridge Error".

I then took both cartridges out of the Printer.

I started by putting in the HP 56 Black Cartridge and I got the message "Cartridge Error", hence there being no colour cartridge in the printer.

Does this suggest the problem lies with the black cartridge?

Seems that it could be the cartridge but it could also be something else. Let someone quote you on your printer it will be the cheapest easiest way to find out what the problem is.
    Last edited by ChilliGirl; 19-03-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo

got the same printer, but ive never had that problem... unfortunately i also dont have the docs for it, bu did you try cleaning the contacts on the cartridge?
    i7 2600K @ 4.6|P8P67 PRO|8GB Vengeance 1600|Xonar D1|Corsair TX 850|EVGA 570 OC
    Proud owner of an HP 50g

Quote Originally Posted by evovil View Post
    got the same printer, but ive never had that problem... unfortunately i also dont have the docs for it, bu did you try cleaning the contacts on the cartridge?
    How do I clean the contacts on the cartridge?

Quote Originally Posted by ngadao08 View Post
    How do I clean the contacts on the cartridge?
    take a side plate or saucer. Place a little warmwater in the plate. dip only the very bottom part of the cartridge in the water. Careful of the copper contacts, don't get them wet.

wipe the cartridge on folded kitchen paper towel until ink comes out nicely. It should form a nice solid blak line.

However, don't do tis if the cartridge is ok, so first wipe the cartridge on the paper towel to see if it gives off ink. If it does, then there is a good chance that the cartridge is ok.

Considering that the printer printed before (slowly...) I think the problem might not be with the cartridge but potentially a better likelyhood that it is with the printer.

with regards to the contacts, just make sure there isnt any dirt or anything in there (not likely for there to be any unless its extremely dusty where you are)...

im assuming you dont have any old cartridges lying around to try?
    i7 2600K @ 4.6|P8P67 PRO|8GB Vengeance 1600|Xonar D1|Corsair TX 850|EVGA 570 OC
    Proud owner of an HP 50g

clean the contacts with a rubber eraser
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...