Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Is anyone capturing streams off Hulu ?

Default Is anyone capturing streams off Hulu ?

If so, what software -or method - are you using ?

Blog Entries

For people unable to access Hulu due to DRM restrictions ( I know the Daily Show just moved to them)

I use a ssh proxy. PM me if you wanna pick up one of these accounts for R30 a month.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

I am investigating accessing Hulu.

As part of this - in order to overcome slow lines / buffering - I am looking into the possibility of capturing the FLVs (?) for later viewing.

Hence the question.

Blog Entries

Okay, I looked around and it seems there is almost nothing to copy Hulu any more. Almost nothing works. I tested much software.

So what I did is I setup my proxy service (As users in South Africa are not allowed access to Hulu) so I could stream Hulu in Firefox. I then run the episode at full screen recording with FRAPS (half size and 30fps). However, even a short episode like The Daily Show (25min or so), got recorded at 6GB worth of files with Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/ (also available on the pirate bay if you can not afford it).

So I installed VirtualDub. Installed the xvid and LAME MP3 codecs (the xvid I set to 5 and the audio mp3 @ 192kbps) - I basically followed these instructions: http://granjow.net/virtualdub-tutorial-installing.html

When fraps copies it has a max file size of 4GB. So multiple files are created. Virtualdub binds them together and then converts them into an Xvid of around 120mb.

However, saying all that, its probably easier and faster to download the series torrent directly from The Pirate Bay.

Thats the best I can do When I watch Hulu through my proxy on a 4mb ISDSL uncapped account I do not really have buffer problems.
    Last edited by ghoti; 18-03-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde