Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Unbranded b683 firmware

Default Unbranded b683 firmware

I have recently bought a Huawei b683 from ebay. It seems that I was flashed with a branded firmware (mobily or something) can I unlock it or at least find an unbranded firmware and flash it again?

Most of these modems/routers are branded in some way - Even if it's just network parameters.

The B960 & B970 both have their settings changed by uploading a 'custom' file. I would assume your device is much the same.

Sadly, none of my regular file sources have anything listed for the B683 which makes more wonder if it is not just a re-packaged version of an existing device...

Is it locked? Does it see a network signal with a RSA SIM inserted?

In theory it should connect to a PC via the USB port but some foreign networks have the modem shipped with the port disabled!

If you can find out the firmware version then I'll try to see if it is similar to any other existing device...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Also try putting the device on and link to your PC's Wi-Fi connection.

Then type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser, this should find the modems configuration page. You may be able to manually set up a new connection profile via this route...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Default RE:

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    Most of these modems/routers are branded in some way - Even if it's just network parameters.

The B960 & B970 both have their settings changed by uploading a 'custom' file. I would assume your device is much the same.

Sadly, none of my regular file sources have anything listed for the B683 which makes more wonder if it is not just a re-packaged version of an existing device...

Is it locked? Does it see a network signal with a RSA SIM inserted?

In theory it should connect to a PC via the USB port but some foreign networks have the modem shipped with the port disabled!

If you can find out the firmware version then I'll try to see if it is similar to any other existing device...

Hi,
    I think I have the same problem..
    this is my modem info:
    Modem Software Version:
    Modem Hardware Version:
    WL1B683M001
    Device Name:
    B683
    Router Hardware Version:
    WL1B683I001
    Router Software Version:
    and it doesn't see the network signal except with the original SIM card that came with it..

Here is something for you guys:
    Finally was able to find a firmware for download.
    http://www.3.dk/Privat/Kundeservice/...g_opdateringer
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ginggs; 08-05-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Link fixed

Thanks for Firmware but remember this Firmware will not UNLOCK your Router.