Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Achieving the desire to act on the goals you want to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Sleep is my only "desire" at the moment i think. That and watching movies or series. meh. any advice? trolls welcome
    Hide the remote somewhere really difficult. The only entertainment of value is one with friends/family. IMO TV is the best tool to keep the masses sedated. [yes, go tinfoil hats etc]
    change is inevitable... cognitiveradio.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post
    I can see how you can feel / think that. I on the other hand want to travel the world in my 50s and I don't think at the rate I am going I will be able to do that as I want it.
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with achievement in and of itself. If you want something or want to do something you should do it because you think it will add to your happiness, not because you think you need it or want it to be happy.

I'll admit that I'm just guessing, and I don't have any desire to judge or offend you, but it seems to me that you're unhappy with your lack of motivation. I'm suggesting that you might be better served finding a way to be happy in whatever circumstances you are in now (after all you said yourself they're not bad) rather than putting your hopes for happiness on things you may or may no achieve that may or may not make you happy. Then, once you have that more or less sorted take another look at what you want to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by icyrus View Post
    Good to see that you are still a bigoted ignorant arsehole. Some things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with achievement in and of itself. If you want something or want to do something you should do it because you think it will add to your happiness, not because you think you need it or want it to be happy.

I'll admit that I'm just guessing, and I don't have any desire to judge or offend you, but it seems to me that you're unhappy with your lack of motivation. I'm suggesting that you might be better served finding a way to be happy in whatever circumstances you are in now (after all you said yourself they're not bad) rather than putting your hopes for happiness on things you may or may no achieve that may or may not make you happy. Then, once you have that more or less sorted take another look at what you want to achieve.
    Ah some solid advice and nothing offensive about it. I am going on a little break for about 5 days in April and I think I will reflect on self in that time.
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

The thing is... if we were all motivated and doing more then what is necessary would we be goofing on the forum/internet all day ?

Not the best place to ask that question.... hence all the responses: "hey that sounds like me"

Tonnes of things I want to do, both in work and life, are hindered by me thing about it too much.

I want to get more qualifications, I want to be better at my job, I want to invent something really cool and make it available to the public.

This weekend I decided I wanted to start helping with habitat for humanity... I have the application open on my browser, just need to click send... still haven't done it.

what I end up doing is committing to things to achieve my goals, then use that as motivation. A while ago I registered for the Argus, its R500 that I could have spent doing something else but I used that as motivation to achieve my goal. In the end I finished the race but its only because one day I just sat down and registered. The rest was me just guilting myself.

So just kick start your goal with a commitment.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

At the centre of my bubble of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by wily me View Post
    @ OP:
    Start with small steps and small targets easily achievable. As they are accomplished get used to the pleasure and satisfaction of reaching their goals. Tackle another and soon you will find that profoundly more satisfying than your current comfort zone. Then tackle more enduring tasks until it becomes like second nature.
    Success and Failure is like a drug. You can get addicted to both. If you start with either you will continue easily.
    Twinkle, twinkle little star
    Wat de donner soek jy daar?

Grandmaster

Sho, i also lack motivation and and while i do have a desire im not sure it enough! Right now i should be working, but im on the interwebz......
    http://www.domaincheap.co.za
    Please signup to Dropbox with my referral! Greatly appreciated!

Dedication, hard work & an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen?

"Willpower is the spearhead of self-discipline. To use a World War II analogy, willpower would be D-Day, the Normandy Invasion. It was the gigantic battle that turned the tide of the war and got things moving in a new direction, even though it took another year to reach VE Day (Victory in Europe).

To make that kind of effort every day of the war would have been impossible. Willpower is a concentration of force. You gather up all your energy and make a massive thrust forward. You attack your problems strategically at their weakest points until they crack, allowing you enough room to maneuver deeper into their territory and finish them off.

So the proper use of willpower is to establish that beachhead — to permanently change the territory itself such that it’s easier to continue moving on. Use willpower to reduce the ongoing need for such a high level of sustained force. You need to use your willpower to establish a beachhead on the shores of your goal." ~ Steve Pavlina

Im interested in those who feel demotivated? Mind answering these questions, if you dont want to please feel free to ignore:

Age?
    Relationship status?
    Last lay (aka sex)?

I have a feeling that sex is one of the best motivators, anti depression activities around. That, and LSD.
    “Everything in moderation, including moderation.”

― Oscar Wilde

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    Im interested in those who feel demotivated? Mind answering these questions, if you dont want to please feel free to ignore:

Age?
    Relationship status?
    Last lay (aka sex)?

I have a feeling that sex is one of the best motivators, anti depression activities around. That, and LSD.
    Relationship: YES
    Last lay:1 week(varsity has been way to hectic plus i was away this weekend ;P)

That being said i do some what agree with your 'feeling' i generally work pretty well after a lay.
    Last edited by Freaksta; 19-03-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    http://www.domaincheap.co.za
    Please signup to Dropbox with my referral! Greatly appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12