Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Traffic fine: where to pay in durban

Default Traffic fine: where to pay in durban

I got a fine in Durban and want to pay it. Where can I pay it? I don't know Durban that well. For discounts? The traffic court? Gimme physical addresses if possible. It will be appreciated

Camera or written fine ?

Written fine

Quote Originally Posted by adamr View Post
    I got a fine in Durban and want to pay it. Where can I pay it? I don't know Durban that well. For discounts? The traffic court? Gimme physical addresses if possible. It will be appreciated
    Go to the Metro Police headquarters off Masabalala Yengwa (NMR).(-29.849056,31.025155)

I actually have a R350 fine for doing 101 in a 70 zone on NMR. Was caught by one of those little silver box cameras they set up there all the time opposite the athletics track. I still need to pay it will pay at end of the month as money is too tight to mention. I dont have the time to plead my case to the Public Prosecutor and get my fine reduced.

Going to see if I can pay my fine at the post office as there is a easy pay number at the bottom.
    Putting towers closer to you since 2010.

Hey All! Sorry for the thread jack, though am in a similar position and hoping for some advice. I got a R1500 fine for going through a red robot (I am usually such a slow/cautious driver I assume I must have just misjudged a orange light). Now I have been summonsed and have till the end of april to pay the fine.

Is it too late for me to try have the fine reduced? This is in Durban so I need to go to the Metro Police Headquarters, though I actually have no idea what the procedure is once there... The problem I have is that I will only be able to go in on a Friday afternoon about an hour before they close so would be good to know what I need to do when I get there.

Would I just go to the info desk (if there is one) and ask them to reduce the fine? Or would they assign me to someone? Do they only accept cash or could I pay the fine by card?

Any tips on what to say to have the fine reduced? Would dressing like a hobo help?
    Digital Crap Shoveler

Anybody Gotta rush over there after work tomorrow and really hoping to have a clue about the procedure I need to follow...

Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Hey All! Sorry for the thread jack, though am in a similar position and hoping for some advice. I got a R1500 fine for going through a red robot (I am usually such a slow/cautious driver I assume I must have just misjudged a orange light). Now I have been summonsed and have till the end of april to pay the fine.

Is it too late for me to try have the fine reduced? This is in Durban so I need to go to the Metro Police Headquarters, though I actually have no idea what the procedure is once there... The problem I have is that I will only be able to go in on a Friday afternoon about an hour before they close so would be good to know what I need to do when I get there.

Would I just go to the info desk (if there is one) and ask them to reduce the fine? Or would they assign me to someone? Do they only accept cash or could I pay the fine by card?

Any tips on what to say to have the fine reduced? Would dressing like a hobo help?
    Digital Crap Shoveler

Just got one today for talking on the phone :/