Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Thread: iPad 3 hands-on tested (MyBroadband)

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JStrike View Post
    But I was also arguing for better screenshots, as that allows for better comparisons by the user
    Those aren't screenshots, though. That's a side-by-side photograph taken in a lightbox, then compressed to a reasonable size for the article. In order for you to see the difference in clarity in the display, the photograph would have to be massively large so you could zoom in and see for yourself. Not viable for putting in an article, lest the raging forumites have a hissy fit over the time it takes the article to load

However, you can be assured that a full review is definitely coming - and with any luck it will have actual screenshots from the device for your viewing pleasure.
    Last edited by AniV; 19-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Have resisted long enough - maybe time to get one now!

Don't see any reason to ditch the 2nd gen iPad yet

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    The yellow tint issue is relatively wide spread now though. They calling it yellowgate...
    Yeah, you're right. This Yellow tint is definitely a big issue for some iPad owners.

Here's another Pic of an iPad compared to an iMac, iPhone 4 and Galaxy Tab 10.1. The iPad is the one on the right.

The new iPad screen is amazing, and a jpg optimised for the web is not going to do it justice. Rather wait until it gets to SA in the next month or two, and go look at the screen then. Then come back here and edit your posts where you say you will be keeping your iPad2. Also, wait until most of the apps have been updated to support the new resolution as well. Things like GoodReader display the same on iPad2 and new iPad due to their internal engine, but Jan why don't you go open a PDF magazine in iBooks and see if you see a difference?

As for the boxes being the same, it is like the review is being done by someone who has never owned an Apple product. They hardly update the box on most of their devices when a new one comes out.

edit* - you can clearly see the default background image on the new ipad vs that of the ipad 2 on the boxes. The new iPad has the blue background on the screen and the iPad2 has the grey background.
    Last edited by whatwhat; 20-03-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Grandmaster

Steve Jobs started Pixar and he also at one stage worked with bill Gates but because of their different view points, stopped working together.
    Last edited by ThinkCentre; 20-03-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfishaezer View Post
    I want an iPad!
    do you have an idea when its coming to SA?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFTC View Post
    do you have an idea when its coming to SA?
    Um... the iPad has been around here in South Africa for quite a while already !

Quote Originally Posted by kilobits View Post
    Um... the iPad has been around here in South Africa for quite a while already !

was referring to the new ipad not iPad 2

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFTC View Post
    was referring to the new ipad not iPad 2
    But my brother just got a new iPad2 last month ?

EDIT: I know... I was just funnin'... see http://mybroadband.co.za/news/genera...in-a-name.html
    Last edited by kilobits; 20-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfishaezer View Post
    I want an iPad!
    I want an iPad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Thanks for being honest.

When I pose the question, all the iPad owners say they've never ever had an issue rather than simply admitting they've had issues while owned

EDIT : As above
    The lack of FLASH has obviously been an issue from time to time. Not often but it has happened.

However I for one prefer to live with the issue.
    If Apple and now Microsoft had decided to support mobile FLASH then Adobe would not have killed it.
    By refusing to support that horrible little thing, Apple and M/s have hastened the demise of mobile FLASH.
    Now it's been killed its a matter of time (maybe years) before it dies properly

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC View Post
    Still no flash support
    Why would there be. Adobe have killed mobile flash and it will disappear off android and bb in due course.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast