Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Thread: iPad 3 hands-on tested (MyBroadband)

did you experience any heat issues...there's been a couple of reports of the lower left corner getting too hot...
    https://www.invoicesonline.co.za - Professional invoicing & recurring billing for South African entrepreneurs & professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Yeah wtf, at first I was like okay far enough the complexion of the picture on the left looks way better, but then I realized it was the other way round

Also wtf is the point of the pictures that are zoomed in a million times so you can see the difference in pixel size. Unless you going to use your ipad glued to your eye, pictures like the one on myBB is way more meaningful and as you can see that the improvement in quality is marginal.
    Nope. The major tech journalists have stated that the difference in screen is huge
    i.e Joshua Topolosky "Yes, this display is outrageous. It's stunning. It's incredible. I'm not being hyperbolic or exaggerative when I say it is easily the most beautiful computer display I have ever looked at"

Upgrade?

Does this mean I get a discount because I am already an iPad owner?

any idea when we will be getting it in SA?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JStrike View Post
    Nope. The major tech journalists have stated that the difference in screen is huge
    i.e Joshua Topolosky "Yes, this display is outrageous. It's stunning. It's incredible. I'm not being hyperbolic or exaggerative when I say it is easily the most beautiful computer display I have ever looked at"
    Don't really trust a random person to decide for me, rather give me screenshots to compare for myself.

Cuz look I can also quote randoms.

"yes, you can actually see the difference. It's subtle, and yet it's definitely there."

"In fact, the difference between the visible screen quality of the iPad 2 (still available, but at a reduced price) and the "new iPad" isn't immediately obvious."

etc etc. But anyways I saw some normal photos from a distance that one will probably use it at, and I must saw there is a slight difference which is noticeable. The question is though, how the image quality of iPad 3 compare with other high resolution tablets, because the resolution of the iPad 2 is moderately low.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    ― George Carlin

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    A bit of a yellow tint on the 3rd gen iPad, don't like that at all.

It's easier on the eyes for reading...

Don't really trust a random person to decide for me, rather give me screenshots to compare for myself.

Cuz look I can also quote randoms.

"yes, you can actually see the difference. It's subtle, and yet it's definitely there."

"In fact, the difference between the visible screen quality of the iPad 2 (still available, but at a reduced price) and the "new iPad" isn't immediately obvious."

etc etc. But anyways I saw some normal photos from a distance that one will probably use it at, and I must saw there is a slight difference which is noticeable. The question is though, how the image quality of iPad 3 compare with other high resolution tablets, because the resolution of the iPad 2 is moderately low.
    Quoting randoms? I quoted Joshua Topolsky who is widely considered the worlds top tech journalist. He was editor-in-chief of Engadget, created The Verge and writes for the Washington Post

Grandmaster

Quoting randoms? I quoted Joshua Topolsky who is widely considered the worlds top tech journalist. He was editor-in-chief of Engadget, created The Verge and writes for the Washington Post
    Don't like Engadget the writers on there are heavily biased, and it doesn't matter how many people he has written for hard facts are better than opinions. My point being is that you can quote plenty of professionals who have contradicting views, and especially in the tech industry you got to be careful whoes views are paid for. Btw when I said randoms it was actually people who wrote reviews for legit sites.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    ― George Carlin

I wonder if the yellow tint issue could be resolved with a software patch?

I got a 4s about a month ago with a distinctive and rather unappealing yellow tint.

I installed a Cydia tweak called ColorProfiles and was able to adjust the screen colour temperature to match that of my iPhone 4.

I'm not quite sure what Apple is playing at with this yellow tint issue but it is to their detriment with the majority of users preferring the blue, white tint of older models
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Don't like Engadget the writers on there are heavily biased, and it doesn't matter how many people he has written for hard facts are better than opinions. My point being is that you can quote plenty of professionals who have contradicting views, and especially in the tech industry you got to be careful whoes views are paid for. Btw when I said randoms it was actually people who wrote reviews for legit sites.
    Engadget went downhill badly. Which is the main reason for most of the top writers leaving to form The Verge with JT. It used to be good back in the day though.

But my point still remains, the screen is meant to be amazing, and most of the highly regarded tech journalists have said that. Not paid-shills or two-bit hacks.
    But I was also arguing for better screenshots, as that allows for better comparisons by the user

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    I wonder if the yellow tint issue could be resolved with a software patch?

I got a 4s about a month ago with a distinctive and rather unappealing yellow tint.

I installed a Cydia tweak called ColorProfiles and was able to adjust the screen colour temperature to match that of my iPhone 4.

I'm not quite sure what Apple is playing at with this yellow tint issue but it is to their detriment with the majority of users preferring the blue, white tint of older models
    I remember reading about the yellow tint issue. Wasn't it caused by the bonding agent not finishing drying for the first week of production devices? And went away after a couple of days

I remember reading about the yellow tint issue. Wasn't it caused by the bonding agent not finishing drying for the first week of production devices? And went away after a couple of days
    There was that theory yes. Just a theory though. The yellow tint issue is relatively wide spread now though. They calling it yellowgate...

Apple are saying that's the specification...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1342265

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1341622
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    There was that theory yes. Just a theory though. The yellow tint issue is relatively wide spread now though. They calling it yellowgate...

Apple are saying that's the specification...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1342265

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1341622
    If it doesn't go away, then Apple should replace the device. Dodgy not to

If it doesn't go away, then Apple should replace the device. Dodgy not to
    They have been although the official line is that it is spec. The thing is how many people actually notice of care?

If it were spec just about every 4s would have the yellow tint so check yours against the iPhone 4. The difference is immediately noticeable...

The ipad on the left (Ipad2 according to article) has better display quality in my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast