Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Mists of Pandaria NDA Lifted - Tons of new info!

Default Mists of Pandaria NDA Lifted - Tons of new info!

Obvious spoiler warning (duh) and instead of copy paste I shall just link everyone to the best sites

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?

And for the breakdown more in depth look: http://wow.joystiq.com/

Looks exciting - though I am a bit worried that they feel they have to reassure the playerbase that Pandaren are not a joke...

Super Grandmaster

That's nice, all the new info looks very interesting but deep down I feel its just more of the same formula that is currently being used in WoW, unless something really spectacular pops up I doubt this will draw me back to playing.
    Will make it through 2014 without voting NL.

Pandaren = the Jar Jar Binks of the World of Warcraft.

Yeah, I stopped playing about 2 months back and it is great. I have time to experience alot of other games that have just been gathering dust.

It does look interesting though, but deep down inside I know it is just the souless cash cow for Blizzard these days. The game was at it's most epic in the first 2 titles (vanilla and TBC) while Wrath brought some much needed change it was a just too late to stop the slow death of the game.

Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 I say

At the time I never thought I would say it ... but for the past good few months of not playing I can say 'I'm, like, so over WoW you know ...'

It was good while it lasted but there are newer, brighter, shinier titles on the horizon so I think I'll skip the kungfu panda xpac and wait for something else.
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    At the time I never thought I would say it ... but for the past good few months of not playing I can say 'I'm, like, so over WoW you know ...'

It was good while it lasted but there are newer, brighter, shinier titles on the horizon so I think......and wait for something else.
    Thats exactly what I said Jan2010 and after multiple game disappointments.... I have been wow'ing sins Aug'011 again...
    rinse and repeat :P

Stopped fooling myself into thinking there may be any other game out there that can compare with wow. For me it is more than just a game, it's a social network. Yes the quests and content is way past its expiry date, but I still get a rush when I sell 10k worth of gems in an evening, or win some nice epic loot, or top the dps meter, or take down another heroic boss.
    Horses for courses, this old steed have found his stable!

Same old boring crap over and over , work by day work for blizz by night farming endless hours killing boring pre programmed bosses with no A.I for a bunch of items that all look the same but have different colours and stats, only to realise its worthless when a new patch is released. Putting up with emo's and ragequitters all obssesing over gearscore, Or dealing with the turbo geeks that call themselves officers. constantly competing with chineese prisoners over herbs/ores or ./ignoreing the constant gold spammers and counting the hours for when they finally do manage to hack your account.

But hey this time round at least you will be in a panda suit!

Super Grandmaster

How can you NOT want to roll a monk.

Brewmaster
    Avert Harm: You reduce the damage taken by all nearby friendly targets within 10 yards by 20%, and cause half of all remaining damage they take to be re-directed to you. Lasts for 15 sec. Avert Harm is cancelled if you reach 10% or lower health. (Instant, 60 second cooldown)
    Breath of Fire: Breathes fire onto the target, causing 2001 to 2552 damage. Damage is multiplied by the number of Drunken Haze stacks on the target. (2 Chi, Instant)
    Brewmaster Training: You become adept in the ways of the Brewmaster, amplifying two of your spells.
    Tiger Palm
    Increases the amount of your next Guard by 5%. Lasts 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Blackout Kick
    When you Parry, your next Blackout Kick will cost no Force and can be used on targets regardless of their health percentage.
    Drunken Haze: You hurl a keg of your finest brew, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within 8 yards by 15%. Affected targets have a 3% chance to have their attacks missfire and strike themselves instead for 1095 damage. Stacks up to 3 times. (Instant)
    Elusive Brew: Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 50% for 10 sec. (1 Chi, Instant, 45 second cooldown)
    Guard: You Guard against future attacks, absorbing ((AP*1.971)+1) damage for 8 sec. Any heals you apply to yourself while Guarding are increased by 30%. (2 Chi, Instant)
    Leer of the Ox: Your Ox Statue stirs hatred in the target, reducing their movement speed by 50% and causing them to attack the statue for 8 sec. The statue must be within 40 yards of the target. Requires Statue of the Ox to be active. (Instant, 20 second cooldown)
    Mastery: Drunken Brawler: Reduces the damage taken by Stagger by 1%, and increases the effect of your Guard by 1%.
    Purifying Brew: Instantly purifies all of your staggered damage. (1 Chi, Instant, 45 second cooldown)
    Recoil: Whenever you Dodge, you gain 5 Energy.
    Shuffle: You shuffle around, causing the next 3 melee attacks to be staggered. While shuffling, you cannot move, attack or cast spells. (2 Chi, 6 second cast, 20 second cooldown)
    Stance of the Elusive Ox: Reduces damage taken by 20%, and increases your chance to Stagger damage by 25%. (Instant)
    Stagger
    You shrug off attacks, causing 50% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 50% to be divided over 9 sec.
    Summon Black Ox Statue: Summons a Black Ox Statue at the target location. Lasts for 10 min. Only one Black Ox Statue can be summoned at any one time. The Black Ox Statue interacts with your Provoke and Leer of the Ox abilities. (6 second cast, 3 minute cooldown)
    Guard (On-Click Effect)
    Allies can right-click the Statue to gain the Guard effect, absorbing 14232 damage. Any healing done by the Monk is increased by 30% while Guard is active. Guard has a 10 charges.
    Vengeance: Each time you take damage, you gain 5% of the damage taken as attack power, up to a maximum of 10% of your health.
    Ubuntu is an African term for "I can't configure Debian"

I love it when people are cynical

Your description of wow is pretty much spot on.It however does not change the fact that I have been playing it since beta and still enjoy it thoroughly.

With that thought in mind,your comment can be compared to say a:
    Life is just two homo-sapiens procreating and creating another homo-sapien that through its life of a mere average of 65 -70 years will work to contribute to its society,very rarely getting anything in return,at peak age will procreate themselves as to carry on the race, be forgotten at old age and die.The homo-sapien blood members and relatives will put the limp body into a wooden made casket and bury the body deep in ground,whilst decomposition begins.

With your cynical nature,life would be a hell of a lot worse than it is now. Try to smile its easy.Raise your ears and connect it to your lips revealing pearly white protein and calcium units that you use to masticate.
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    Same old boring crap over and over , work by day work for blizz by night farming endless hours killing boring pre programmed bosses with no A.I for a bunch of items that all look the same but have different colours and stats, only to realise its worthless when a new patch is released. Putting up with emo's and ragequitters all obssesing over gearscore, Or dealing with the turbo geeks that call themselves officers. constantly competing with chineese prisoners over herbs/ores or ./ignoreing the constant gold spammers and counting the hours for when they finally do manage to hack your account.

But hey this time round at least you will be in a panda suit!

The panda and monk look sick. Gonna change the whole balance of the game again as did DKs for atleast 2 patches.
    The melee panda is going to be a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post

With that thought in mind,your comment can be compared to say a:
    Life is just two homo-sapiens procreating and creating another homo-sapien that through its life of a mere average of 65 -70 years will work to contribute to its society,very rarely getting anything in return,at peak age will procreate themselves as to carry on the race, be forgotten at old age and die.The homo-sapien blood members and relatives will put the limp body into a wooden made casket and bury the body deep in ground,whilst decomposition begins.
    Maybe in a perfect world this would be true....But with WOW involved you could reduce the procreating chances by like 89%, contribution to society by 50%, hopefully your family will love you enough to care enough to put you in a casket at the end.

I can't wait to kill me some pandas in Bgs.