Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: 8ta is a joke

Honestly, what did you expect? .. it's Telkom.

I got the kids the 10gb/month package from 8ta and though they were happy last year this year its getting worse by the day. Signal's fine there's just no throughput at times, and those times are getting lengthier and more frequent.

I have the same problem on ADSL incidently. Telkom's talking about pie in the sky FTTH & 40mbps ADSL while I just logged a dispute demanding a refund 'cos since Jan they're barely delivering 1mbps while I'm paying for 4.

Seriously, as far as Telkom goes lower your expectations else you're just going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Few people are spamming all threads. Just ignore.
    U probably have a good connection but if it was happening to u, where would be the 1st place u go to complain? Here? O ya I thought so..

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi Methias!

Please provide the reference number so we can check the progress and provide feedback?

Regards,
    Social Media Team
    Even I can provide the reference number because he has included it in his first post, it is: 561091

Man, first you dont reply to the guys e-mail and now you show you cant read posts either

Shape up 8ta Social Media Team
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

As supersunbird said I provided the reference number in my original post as well as in the subject of my email I sent on Monday. It was there for good reason so you could follow up easily.

I don't see how me repeating again will make it any more obvious.

This now begs the question, do posts/emails/helpdesk calls even get read and understood? Understandably so, I am now gatvol with the service 8ta is giving. A problem that started this long ago with still no resolution is a disgrace. What is even worse is that there is zero commitment form 8ta's side to resolve the problem within a reasonable timeframe and zero compensation for the inability to utilize the product I am paying for through no fault of my own (before I logged problems I spent time and money investigating on my side to try provide you with accurate feedback as well as ensuring I had done everything in my power to resolve the problems), but rather poor network setup/planning on 8ta's side.

I was also ready to trash 8ta, but resolved the problem this morning. The problems were with the settings in my wireless router. I changed the settings and wham....pages are opening like lightning, and downloads are going really fast. When I download something now, it doesn't register in Kbps....the Mbps are rolling by in multiples of 2 or 3 per second !!!

A sure way to check your tower, is to put your 8ta SIM card in a 3G phone, and drive close to your local tower, and then do a speed test. If your speeds are good when done like this, you have at least eliminated the problem with the tower. It could then be settings in your modem or router, or signal strength problem.

surfs-up, 8ta have confirmed it is a problem with the tower. I can see the tower and using MDMA I get -53dBm if I get onto the roof (inside its -65dBm), but that makes no difference. I have near perfect signal and I still struggle to get above 30Kbps on a good day.

The tower does not have sufficient bandwidth to service the devices connected to it, which is my problem. I am awaiting from them an answer as to when this will be resolved.

Hi Methias!

We are waiting on a reply from our project planning office regarding this specific upgrade. We have just spoken to them and they will be providing us with feedback. Please give us until the morning to respond to you.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    surfs-up, 8ta have confirmed it is a problem with the tower. I can see the tower and using MDMA I get -53dBm if I get onto the roof (inside its -65dBm), but that makes no difference. I have near perfect signal and I still struggle to get above 30Kbps on a good day.

The tower does not have sufficient bandwidth to service the devices connected to it, which is my problem. I am awaiting from them an answer as to when this will be resolved.

Well sorry to hear that.....but then if that is the case, your entire suburb that is feeding off your tower, are ALL experiencing the same problems as you are. With so many unhappy customers in one confined area, I would have thought that 8ta would have increased bandwidth there by now - unless your neighbours all keep quiet and don't make a noise about it....

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by surfs-up View Post
    I was also ready to trash 8ta, but resolved the problem this morning. The problems were with the settings in my wireless router. I changed the settings and wham....pages are opening like lightning, and downloads are going really fast. When I download something now, it doesn't register in Kbps....the Mbps are rolling by in multiples of 2 or 3 per second !!!

A sure way to check your tower, is to put your 8ta SIM card in a 3G phone, and drive close to your local tower, and then do a speed test. If your speeds are good when done like this, you have at least eliminated the problem with the tower. It could then be settings in your modem or router, or signal strength problem.
    Which settings on the router did you change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Which settings on the router did you change?
    I'd also like to know, please! I have a TP-Link 3G/wifi router with similar issues. When using the 8ta SIM in a 3G dongle directly connected to my PC, speeds and latency show a definite improvement. With the dongle plugged into the USB port on the router, however, it becomes unbearably slow. Strangely I don't see this problem with a CellC SIM (same PC, same router etc).

I followed the guidelines in this thread. You need to get the ip address of your router and then get into the routers settings - username and password is usually both Admin. when in settings do the changes discussed here

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...73#post7595473

Look for the post by p3wp3w
    Last edited by surfs-up; 28-03-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Hi Methias!

We are happy to announce that the bandwidth to the tower you connect to has been upgraded and a further bandwidth upgrade is currently being worked on and due to be completed by the end of April 2012 for the latest. Please advise if you see an improvement on your speeds or not.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Thank you for the response. I will test tonight and post the speedtest results later. I did however have terrible performance last night so currently I am highly sceptical of the upgrade (unless it was completed this morning).

I will keep testing throughout April and Recheck on the 1st May to see if the next upgrade has given me significant improvements.

I still expect a call from someone to explain why I had to fight so long to get some results and what will be done about the past months of non-usable service due to your failure to plan correctly and ensure the network is of sufficient quality.

Results from some testing tonight:

Ping:63ms Dl:0.46Mbps Ul:0.76
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1863209331.png

Ping 59ms Dl:0.49Mbps Ul:1.8Mbps
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1863216901.png

Ping: 51ms Dl:0.35Mbps Ul:1.28Mbps
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1863223385.png

Ping:43ms Dl:0.34Mbps Ul:0.13Mbs
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1863232148.png

In general completely terrible considering I have -63dBm when doing these test.

Around 5:30pm I had resonable speeds. Approaching 6pm my speeds have dropped into the depths of the abyss and it seems very little has been improved upon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast