Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Beware being scammed with the iPad 3

The whole iPad 3 thing is a scam.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by gregmcc View Post
    The whole iPad 3 thing is a scam.
    And the moon landing. And vaccinations. And Elvis is not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    Don't forget bin Laden and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    And the Gauteng tolls going live on April 1st.

I read the title thinking MyBB finally decided to stop calling it the iPad 3 :P Guess not...
    Alienware X51

I thought the iPad 3/New iPad has this super awesome hi-res screen. Now based on the article, potentially only a seasoned iPad user would notice the difference between the super awesome hi-res screen and the iPad 2 screen. If that's the case then what's the big hoohaa over this magical super awesome hi-res screen?

I'll take 3...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMarts View Post
    I thought the iPad 3/New iPad has this super awesome hi-res screen. Now based on the article, potentially only a seasoned iPad user would notice the difference between the super awesome hi-res screen and the iPad 2 screen. If that's the case then what's the big hoohaa over this magical super awesome hi-res screen?
    I'm pretty sure most people would be able to see the difference. Well, I hope so!

Did MyBB do a similar article on the iPhone 4 versus the iPhone 4S? The boxes are different, but I'm sure there's some scammers selling the 4 in a 4S box somewhere....

The iPad2 boxes have the iCloud logo on them too, those that shipped after IOS5

As for not being able to see the difference, errr, what's up with MyBB people? Not only are you the only guys calling it the iPad3 (the rest of the world calling it the new iPad as Apple does) but now you cannot see a retina display? Maybe you need to go to an optometrist for a check up.

If you are dumb enough to get scammed into buying a iPad 2 thinking its the new iPad you probably shouldn't be buying one in the first place
    Last edited by Davedes; 20-03-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post

As for not being able to see the difference, errr, what's up with MyBB people? Not only are you the only guys calling it the iPad3 (the rest of the world calling it the new iPad as Apple does) but now you cannot see a retina display? Maybe you need to go to an optometrist for a check up.
    Well, perhaps MyBB needs to define their audience. Most forumites will probably be able to spot a fake third generation iPad. If the audience is the guy who typed "iPad 3 scam" in Google and then got to the page and learns something, well, then he/she is probably a noob and will hopefully learn something and stay a while.

This is the first article of its type that I've seen that warns people of the subtle differences between the iPad 2 and the new one - so at least MyBB is creating new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    So the difference is more subtle than one would actually believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Well no - he used it ... and he says it's subtle?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMarts View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the Retina display is amazing (though not amazing enough to force me to upgrade).

The issue is one of frame of reference. If the devices aren't side-by-side I'm not convinced you would immediately notice. You would notice when you go back to your old iPad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Did MyBB do a similar article on the iPhone 4 versus the iPhone 4S? The boxes are different, but I'm sure there's some scammers selling the 4 in a 4S box somewhere....
    Nope! If there is a scam it'll have to be a little more creative because the iPhone 4S box at least says "iPhone 4S" on the side, if memory serves.

MyBB Legend

Apple could have avoided all this shyte if they just stopped being retarded d0uchebags, but no, that was too much to ask.
    If you wanna get laid, ask an Ancient Astronaut theorist. They always say yes.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post

Uhm... it is being called the iPad3 all over the show... not just here... all over the interwebz... most are also adding a "whatever you want to call it". A lot of the sites are saying, nah, not much of a compelling iPad2 to iPad3 upgrade argument - rather wait for the iPad4 - but definitely go from iPad1 to iPad3.

I would live feedback re 1080p content played on new iPad vs iPad 2...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast