Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Firmware upgrade for Ancient HTC

Default Firmware upgrade for Ancient HTC

I have the original HTC Hero, currently not in a financial position to acquire a new phone so I'm considering taking it in to Lab 88 for a Firmware upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1

I'm just wondering if it could cause any issues with my phone as the CPU is only a 528 MHz, I'd rather stay primitive and wait for my mythological bonus than mess with my handset and end up with nothing.

Any thoughts?

Grandmaster

I would either root + custom rom, or keep as is. Sounds like a mission taking it to Lab 88.

Is there not an official update available for the Hero? If there is you can do it yourself without root. Instructions wherever you find it.

(FYI: 8 more posts )
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

https://twitter.com/bitsyzd

Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    I would either root + custom rom, or keep as is. Sounds like a mission taking it to Lab 88.

Is there not an official update available for the Hero? If there is you can do it yourself without root. Instructions wherever you find it.

(FYI: 8 more posts )
    Leaf doesn't support the hero anymore and couldn't find any official update.... Also struggled to route my GF's Hero, there was an app missing from the market.

I use a hero too. check xda forums

Mine was still covered under warranty - took it in to vodacare to install 2.1, however you should be able to install using htc sync desktop software to update if you not keen on rooting.

I'm also using HTC Hero, but from April last year experimented with all the different OS versions from XDA forums.

Currently running Anroid V2.3.7 (Gingerbread) for the past 6 months. Very Stable and everything works.

Just root phone and give it a go.

Also see signature

Regards
    Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB LTE Black running Android JB 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus10 16GB running Android JB 4.4.4

Thanks guys,

I'll go the rooting option anbd see how it goes