Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 113 of 113

Thread: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome

  1. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joelus View Post
    b) Make an effort to fight racism instead of rolling your eyes, and without getting pissed off with people who want to talk about it, without minimizing or diminishing the experiences others have had. If a black woman in CT says she feels discriminated against, don't antagonise her by claiming shes talking bull, that racism doesn't exist, that it's all in her mind or point out that the ANC is racist so FU. And then carry on as if it's not a problem. This will entrench the polarization, and the feeling of not being taken seriously and will confirm her perception that CT is racist. Rather make an effort to ensure the perception is changed. Go the extra mile to ensure she feels welcome, deal with the issues she has. Find out what the experiences she has had are.
    So what should be done about that fact that when I was in Umlazi I felt completely discriminated against? Must I force them to accept me? Force them to socially hang out with me?

    Look Joelus, from what I can gather, your intentions seem honest, but you are Naive.It is not just about the colour of your skin, it is mainly about culture.People of vastly different cultures are not going to be socially compatible.
    Going on a self righteous campaign over the issue will ultimately achieve nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    I think just because white people don't socialize with blacks doesn't make them racist, and vica versa. I don't agree with people who lie through their teeth by saying people in Cape Town or Joburg socialize with other races and life is lekker with no racial problems. I don't agree with people who fool themselves into believing that we live in a rainbow nation.

    There's no rainbow nation here. Blacks and white and Indians and Coloureds mix together only in the workplace. One might see blacks sitting in the same table as white people in a restaurant but that's probably only because they are discussing a business deal.

    There is this mentality that if blacks don't feel welcome in Cape Town then screw them. Why? If the DA wants black votes then why do DA supporters say screw those blacks who feel unwelcome in Cape Town? This illustrates to me that DA supporters have no interest in building a rainbow nation. They have no interest in making the lives of blacks better, they just want their vote. They are just like the ANC who they profess are corrupt and only use poor black people for votes. Hypocrites!
    Does it fall upon the people of Cape Town to change thier surroundings/attitudes in order to please demanding visitors or the responsibility of the visitors to take the local culture into account? "when in rome... " ect

    The DA has proven that it runs the province in a far superior way to the ANC in every way possible, now you want them to bend to the whim of some insecure and demanding ANC supporter who pulls the race card when things don't go her way?

    You say it " illustrates to me that DA supporters have no interest in building a rainbow nation", well it actually Illustrates to me how the ANC supporters just want everything for nothing like more free welfare grants and have things changed to suite them, instead of actually trying to make things work together.

    How about she tries to co-operating with the people from Cape Town instead of just demanding it in the usual self entitlement attitude that is so rife in the country among ANC supporters, always wanting something for nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    I have a quick question for you. Judging by your post I am assuming that you are against BEE, BBBEE and AA? If so, are you a DA supporter? If so, why support the DA even though it has policies of AA, BBBEE and BEE? Why support a party that has policies that "discriminates" against the minority?
    Obviously it needs to have these policies to attract black voters, that's a no brainer.The lesser of two evils.
    We've been havin it!

  2. #107

    Default

    to above poster, I agree with you on this, Life is not all about the colour of your skin. Honestly most people i know dont even have enough time to relax with family with the amount of stuff to get done in life nevermind sit and socialize with people that share nothing similar to you. Life is too short to sit and squander about race and who deserves what etc...

    Honestly the hard working should just get paid the right amounts and people will stop complaining. Why is it that no one wants to be a street sweeper? because in SA you get paid like ****e.. go the UK and see what the street sweepers get paid and what kind of life they can live(certainly a lot better than SA's street sweepers). In the UK there are a ton of whites doing these crappy jobs that people talk about like doing the physical construction on a house, I tried it and lasted a month due to the salary being so ***, Why should i work so hard for so little. honestly i feel these guys should be earning alot more. I do not beleive the amount these guys earn is due to apartheid tho..... that is solely the current goverments fault for not raising the minimum wages.

    On topic: if whites stick with whites, and blacks to blacks. what is so wrong with that? You share the same culture, you have similar humour, you have hobbies in common, you have favourite sports teams/players in common etc. When i am out having a blast and there is a black guy that actually shares similar thoughts and hobbies etc then i tend to get along with him. I am a very musical person and every black guy that comes to a metal concert is actually awesome to hang around. obviously this news article the person was trying to fit in somewhere that they dont, Like a few have said, if i go to the rich white areas or the jock areas i get the same kind of looks that you would expect if i went to a pub in soweto, its not all about race.
    Last edited by m4dh4tt3r; 26-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #108

    Default

    I do not agree with this observation. Cape town is the most telerant place

    Sent from my BlackBerry

  4. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joy_Energiser View Post
    Does it fall upon the people of Cape Town to change thier surroundings/attitudes in order to please demanding visitors or the responsibility of the visitors to take the local culture into account? "when in rome... " ect

    The DA has proven that it runs the province in a far superior way to the ANC in every way possible, now you want them to bend to the whim of some insecure and demanding ANC supporter who pulls the race card when things don't go her way?

    You say it " illustrates to me that DA supporters have no interest in building a rainbow nation", well it actually Illustrates to me how the ANC supporters just want everything for nothing like more free welfare grants and have things changed to suite them, instead of actually trying to make things work together.

    How about she tries to co-operating with the people from Cape Town instead of just demanding it in the usual self entitlement attitude that is so rife in the country among ANC supporters, always wanting something for nothing.
    Not all ANC supporters want free handouts. Cape Town might be well run but what about rural areas? Townships?

    Quote Originally Posted by joy_Energiser View Post
    Obviously it needs to have these policies to attract black voters, that's a no brainer.The lesser of two evils.
    Thanks for your honest answer.

    So the DA bent over backwards for black people by introducing the AA and BEE policies? If the DA party can "bend to the whim of some insecure and demanding" black person by introducing those "discriminating" policies then why are white people that support the DA always complaining that the ANC is a racist organization because of the BEE and AA policies? There have been numerous debates on mybb about AA and BEE and how white people feel discriminated against because of the ANC's "racist" policies.

    If the DA can introduce policies that "discriminate" against the minority for the sole purpose of attracting black votes then isn't it safe for people to think that the DA will remove the AA and BEE policies once they are in power?
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

  5. #110
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Royal Ascot
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Which brings us back to, why the **** are we only focusing on two parties - which is what causes the DA not to follow whatever they set out to do.

  6. #111
    Super Grandmaster DreamKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kingdom of Dream, King's Castle
    Posts
    5,604
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    I am against BEE and AA, but so what? then make me racist?

    the theory behind BEE and AA is fundamentally wrong. whatever you like it or not. it is not going to work. it is the fact.

    it is the same as maxist and communist. it is not going to work. sorry.
    Former freedom fighter, now hero of the Republic, Sir Juliass Mallama was always telling the public: "I am not a joke, I am a jerk."
    What is ANC? Answer

  7. #112
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My own Planet
    Posts
    42,381
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I was in Mankweng last week. Its a bloody racist place. There were no cookies and cool aid and nobody understood when I asked for brandstof and they sure as hell does not cater for whiteys to eat there, bloody racist limpopo.
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

  8. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    Not all ANC supporters want free handouts. Cape Town might be well run but what about rural areas? Townships?


    Thanks for your honest answer.

    So the DA bent over backwards for black people by introducing the AA and BEE policies? If the DA party can "bend to the whim of some insecure and demanding" black person by introducing those "discriminating" policies then why are white people that support the DA always complaining that the ANC is a racist organization because of the BEE and AA policies? There have been numerous debates on mybb about AA and BEE and how white people feel discriminated against because of the ANC's "racist" policies.

    If the DA can introduce policies that "discriminate" against the minority for the sole purpose of attracting black votes then isn't it safe for people to think that the DA will remove the AA and BEE policies once they are in power?
    I think you are a little confused here, the DA never introduced AA or BEE policies in the first place, these outright Racist and discriminatory policies were the love child of the ANC lackeys(Award employment and share's based purely on the colour of your skin,as usual wanting something for nothing).

    I never said the DA would bend to the whim of anyone, I was demonstrating a situation in which that is what was demanded from the DA.

    So you need to check your sources, because I never said the DA introduced these policies, but they probably would promote them at rallies to gain the black vote and then continue to implement them (albeit in a very limited fashion, if they do win)
    They would certainly do a better job at providing Jobs for the unemployed, but awarding professional positions to those that don't deserve it destroys the economy, something the ANC simply can't grasp or see over the size of their fat Self entitlement bellies.
    We've been havin it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •