Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 8ta disconnects after 1 minute.

Default 8ta disconnects after 1 minute.

I have a serious problem with my 8ta data Sim. I use my Nokia N8 as a modem to connect my Windows 7 PC to the internet. Now my problem is that whenever I establish internet connection, after exactly 1 minute I get disconnected(PC shows that the connection is still active, but no data is received). Please help.

Nokia should also display status of the connection. Are these two indicators the same?

Quote Originally Posted by sam7606 View Post
    I have a serious problem with my 8ta data Sim. I use my Nokia N8 as a modem to connect my Windows 7 PC to the internet. Now my problem is that whenever I establish internet connection, after exactly 1 minute I get disconnected(PC shows that the connection is still active, but no data is received). Please help.
    I have an 8ta data card and it does the same. Seems a few users are experiencing this problem. It has been 4 weeks already, I have replaced my modem and the problem still persist. When i put in a voda sim the connection holds. Which leads me to believe the problem is with 8ta....

Grandmaster

Mine was doing this last week, when 8ta was not working for 4-5 days. I had signal, but things were not working.
    i7-2600K | 32GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | N570GTX+GTX260 | P8P67 Deluxe | HX750W | Antec P193 | G400s
    On the hunt for a Laptop with DDR4...

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Nokia should also display status of the connection. Are these two indicators the same?
    Yes they are the same. My Nokia shows that the connection is still 'ON', but inactive(no data is being transferred). This only happens with 8ta. I've tested with Voda, MTN and CellC, all are working fine.

Check when it happen if Nokia phone applications can generate trafic. If not, PM your SIM and location details to 8ta.

Hi All!

Please follow the information on the sticky provided and we will follow up on this.

Regards,
    Social Media Team