Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Gmail access

Default No Gmail access

Anyone having this problem. I have no access to my gmail account it times out. Local appear to be Ok,. Have not reached my 10gig cap as far as I can tell, with Telkom sa as ISP. Based in Durban, Westville.

Have the same issues today, No Gmail, very little of no facebook access too. I still have 4 Gb left on my normal access, so dont know what the problem is.

In New germany

No problems on Telkom Uncapped. Northern KZN.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gmail web interface, or pop3/imap/smtp access?

Imap/smtp wekKing for me.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

even gone in the free state.

Same here, Hotmail's also on the fritz. Methinks its to do with the Telkom International link that seems to be down.

Same here in Cape Town. Cannot use google.co.za and cannot access most international websites. Tried ringing Telkom on 10210 - held on for 1 hour then gave up.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Afrihost FTW.

No problems experienced so far.

Hope they fix it chop-chop as I'm not in the mood for issues at work on a Monday....
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Working 4 me on mweb uncapped
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

I think my line is running faster than usual. Noticed it earlier and thinks that while you all are off everything comes down faster. I'm on a 384 line and mybb pages open as soon as I click on a link and international sites too (almost immediately). I'm not one to wish bad things for other people (regarding internet connection), but sometimes I'm tempted a little...

Default Google Mail and Others not working via 20GB ADSL 4MB

My email cannot connect to any of my gmail accounts. I also cannot access some international sites. I have at least 8GB remaining. I use Vodacom 3G connections from same devices, iPad, iPhone and Macbook, and it works just fine. So no problems with my settings on the app side, or on the destination websites. Just how Telkom provides the service.

Funny how you can now only report via the web! Even the speedtest.net they recommend does not work.

Did log a problem, but no response.

Also having problems with gmail (both imap and internet access). I also struggle with google and a minority of international sites.
    Facebook also only available intermittently. Tracert only goes up to Telkom when testing an IP for gmail.

Blog Entries

My internet is working perfectly local/internationally on my Telkom Do3 20 gig account

Its a DNS server issue guys. I've tested a few for another thread, posting them here. All international sites and Gmail working with the two I'm using now. None of the other combinations worked properly. All starting in the 196.43 range, so here goes:

.50.190 - Working
    .53.190 - Working

.54.190 - Not working
    .34.190 - Slow, web pages time out
    .38.190 - Same as .34
    .42.190 - Same as .54
    .45.190 - Same as .54

So affected servers are in Cape Town, Durbs, Rosebank, Jhb and Pretoria. More info to follow.

I am experiencing problems when accessing any international link requiring HTTPS: i.e. Facebook, Twitter, and private vendor networks and online gaming sites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast