Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast

Thread: The PC Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adamr View Post
    This should be made a sticky

Hopefully it will be

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    Trust you've OCed to 3.6GHz mimimum? Q6600 was my last CPU. I noticed it becoming sluggish. Upgraded to Q9550 for like R900 and purring along now. Max everything including BF3. smooth as a babys bottom so I suggest you do this. I recon you could SLI with 560Ti and high quality 650watt.
    Corsair TX-650 should run a 560Ti in SLI just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Messugga View Post
    Nah, I have bad luck with that CPU. I can't get it over 3.0Ghz stable, no matter what I do with the core voltages, etc. If I could get my hands on a Q9550, that would probably sort me out as well.

650W could do 560ti's in SLI, but it'd be pretty damn borderline - I'd prefer not straining the PSU so much. Besides, 750W units aren't that expensive, and I could probably flog the 650W for a few hundred as well, seeing as it's still under warranty. SLI isn't an option with my current motherboard though, so not really a big deal. So I guess what I'll do is see whether I can get my hands on a Q9550 and run that for a while longer, and just buy a complete new system when Haswell launches.
    Doubt you'll be straining it.

Cool, in your position I would then sell your Q6600, add R200 and get a Q9550. Then by sticking with single gfx cards I would keep your 650watt for ages longer.

What's your mobo for interes's sake?
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

Trust you've OCed to 3.6GHz mimimum? Q6600 was my last CPU. I noticed it becoming sluggish. Upgraded to Q9550 for like R900 and purring along now. Max everything including BF3. smooth as a babys bottom so I suggest you do this. I recon you could SLI with 560Ti and high quality 650watt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff-Man View Post
    Testing his rig on Battlefield 3 at Ultra, GTX 550 Ti coping very, very well.......strangely
    My cousin's rig equipped with a GTX 550Ti managed Battlefield 3 running at Ultra, with an average of 24,4 FPS, here are some pics.

http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=5.png
    http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/...0-58-40-41.jpg
    http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=6.png
    http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=4.png
    http://s1150.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=3.png
    Last edited by Duff-Man; 01-04-2012 at 12:04 PM.

My cousin's rig equipped with a GTX 550Ti managed Battlefield 3 running at Ultra, with an average of 24,4 FPS, here are some pics.]
    Can't see pics, you've linked them incorrectly. Link needs to end in .jpg or .png.

What screen/resolution? Sounds like he's running a non FHD screen.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Super Grandmaster

Corsair TX-650 should run a 560Ti in SLI just fine.
    Are you sure? Because by my calculations, it'd push the PSU to just about 650W if everything went on full load (Unlikely, I know, but still)...

Super Grandmaster

Doubt you'll be straining it.

Cool, in your position I would then sell your Q6600, add R200 and get a Q9550. Then by sticking with single gfx cards I would keep your 650watt for ages longer.

What's your mobo for interes's sake?
    It's some relatively generic Gigabyte thing. Not terribly great, but not bottom-end either. Purchased it ages ago and it was what was available, within budget. I'm not a student anymore, however, so can afford something a tad better these days

Chip set? G31?
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

PC at R35k...

I just have laugh! Lets rather buy a car or so.

Are you sure? Because by my calculations, it'd push the PSU to just about 650W if everything went on full load (Unlikely, I know, but still)...
    It should, only problem would be a Corsair TX650 v2 only has 2 PCI-E, so unfortunately (each 560Ti requires 2 of them), you're forced to used Molex > 6-pin adapters.

According to it's specs You have 8 Molexes, so you shouldn't run out of connectors, but cable management would get pretty ugly.

Run Prime95 and see how much your computer takes at full draw, and if it shuts down or not.

Super Grandmaster

It should, only problem would be a Corsair TX650 v2 only has 2 PCI-E, so unfortunately (each 560Ti requires 2 of them), you're forced to used Molex > 6-pin adapters.

According to it's specs You have 8 Molexes, so you shouldn't run out of connectors, but cable management would get pretty ugly.

Run Prime95 and see how much your computer takes at full draw, and if it shuts down or not.
    Don't have the proper equipment to check how much it's pulling under load, unfortunately. I bought the TX650 a while ago, so I suspect it's the previous generation. Cable management gets handled nicely by my chassis, so that's not a big deal. I'll look into the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by skusku View Post
    PC at R35k...

I just have laugh! Lets rather buy a car or so.
    You'd be suprised by how many people pay R35 000 for their "ultimate" computer, want to guess how much this guy paid for his computer? L3p-D3sk

Chip set? G31?
    @Messugga: Let me know, might be the culprit. P35, P45, X38 and X48 all OC well.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Don't have the proper equipment to check how much it's pulling under load, unfortunately. I bought the TX650 a while ago, so I suspect it's the previous generation. Cable management gets handled nicely by my chassis, so that's not a big deal. I'll look into the matter.
    The only difference between the v2 and the original TX650 is that the original TX are made by Channel Well Tecnology while the TX V2 is made by SeaSonic.

Super Grandmaster

Well, I'm currently considering a Gigabyte p67aud4 revb3 with another of my 560ti's for R2k total. That, with a 2500k and some RAM would fly, I reckon, provided my PSU doesn't blow up Thoughts?

Well, I'm currently considering a Gigabyte p67aud4 revb3 with another of my 560ti's for R2k total. That, with a 2500k and some RAM would fly, I reckon, provided my PSU doesn't blow up Thoughts?
    If you're going to get a Gigabyte mobo why not get a P67A-UD7 if it fits in your price range. Also why not wait for Ivy Bridge i5-3550 should see a 10-15% CPU performance boost. For RAm get either G.Skill or Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM, other than that, great choices, and no your PSU won't blow up

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast