Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon in Phuket

Default Honeymoon in Phuket

Hi guys! I'm getting married next weekend and we'll be off to Phuket on Monday. This will be our first time traveling internationally.

I'm still contemplating telling my soon-to-be where we are going beforehand. I actually wanted to tell her only on Monday. All she knows is that it will be a long flight.

She sometimes feels anxious and clausterphobic, so I hope the flight won't be a problem.

I'd like some tips regarding the flight, things to do in Phuket and honeymoon in general.

I'd like to have her feel like a queen, so she'll make me proper sandwhiches in the future.
    Last edited by Pakka; 25-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.

I went there for my honeymoon in 2000, I will post tomorrow. Busy with rugby now.

I have been to Thailand about 11 times since then.
    Tips for travellers to Thailand: www.thailandtips.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Pakka View Post
    things to do in Phuket and honeymoon in general.
    This is one time when you are allowed to pronounce the 'PHU' in Phuket as 'Fu'

If she does feel anxious and claustrophobic you might want to speak to her doctor for some medication to ease the flight, especially if you encounter some air turbulence. After all it is your honeymoon and I am sure you don't want her looking for her cousin Ralf in the great white telephone; puts a damper on things.

Enjoy your honeymoon !

Remember, according to rules on this forum, pictures or it never happened.
    Last edited by ITCynic; 24-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I went there for my honeymoon in 2000, I will post tomorrow. Busy with rugby now.

I have been to Thailand about 11 times since then.
    Thats like once a year! You should buy property there!

Quote Originally Posted by ITCynic View Post
    This is one time when you are allowed to pronounce the 'PHU' in Phuket as 'Fu'

If she does feel anxious and claustrophobic you might want to speak to her doctor for some medication to ease the flight, especially if you encounter some air turbulence. After all it is your honeymoon and I am sure you don't want her looking for her cousin Ralf in the great white telephone; puts a damper on things.

Enjoy your honeymoon !

Remember, according to rules on this forum, pictures or it never happened.
    Yip that wont be good. Maybe we could get something to calm the nerves. Im really looking forward to the break away!

Sent from my Galaxy

Sorry for only posting now but I have had some drama since I posted last night.

On the flight: Take some sleeping pills and a few stiff drinks.

Things to do:

1. James Bond Island trip but the one that includes sea kayaking.

2. A snorkeling trip to Phi Phi.

3. A jungle and elephant trek.

If you have time take a trip to the other beaches and chill there for a day.

You must go watch a ping pong show, it's free but the beer is a bit more expensive.

Get a foot massage, best value for money of all the massages.

If you want to party then Bangla Road, Patong is a winner. Go sit at a pavement bar and start a party with the other tourists.

Also walk down the street without your wife and see all the attention you get.

Buy a Red Bull and Thai whisky bucket.......

Buy beer at the 7-11 and stroll through town at night.

Eat from the street- mango and sticky rice - chicken braaid at the side of the road - a big pancake with coconut and chocolate.

Eat Pad Thai, green chicken curry or Seafood fried rice in a pineapple.

The best advice I can give is to take it easy. You are going in the hot season and it can get quite hot even for us South Africans.

Just go and enjoy it.

@ Pakka: I am going again in June.

Thanks for the advice!

Can anyone recommend some long term parking at OR Thambo? Who do I contact?

Thanks for the advice!

Can anyone recommend some long term parking at OR Thambo? Who do I contact?
    Can't remember the place's name but I know there is a place close to OR thambo that you pay something like R25 / day and a bus takes you to the airport. I am sure google will help you out.
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Blog Entries

My head developer got back yesterday from Phuket
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Grandmaster

@ Pakka - try S.U.Parking or OR Tambo's Longterm parking.
    ORT's LongTerm parking has a little shuttle bus that takes you to and from the airport to the parking. Hubby has used it on several occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    My head developer got back yesterday from Phuket
    What is he developing on you?
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Hi guys! I'm getting married next weekend and we'll be off to Phuket on Monday. This will be our first time traveling internationally.

I'm still contemplating telling my soon-to-be where we are going beforehand. I actually wanted to tell her only on Monday. All she knows is that it will be a long flight.

She sometimes feels anxious and clausterphobic, so I hope the flight won't be a problem.

I'd like some tips regarding the flight, things to do in Phuket and honeymoon in general.

I'd like to have her feel like a queen, so she'll make me proper sandwhiches in the future.
    Sir, you will be on honeymoon. There is only one thing you should be 'doing' in Phuket

Phuket is AMAZING! Hire a scooter on that side, you will save a lot on Tuk-Tuk or taxi fees, and you will have more freedom. Go to the big buddah, it's massive. Also, go have lunch on the pi-pi island. There are elephant rides if you are into that. Petrol is nice and cheap :P People are very friendly. There is a little place hidden away from town, can't remember the exact location, but it is at the south end of the 3 main beaches, very nice food, most of the locals eat there. You can't go wrong with Phuket. Enjoy!

And as Bokka mentioned, get a massage!

Quote Originally Posted by eehellfire View Post
    Sir, you will be on honeymoon. There is only one thing you should be 'doing' in Phuket
    sexxxxxxxx .....sexxxxxxx....sexxxxxxx...and then come home check if your wife is ok ...and then go out again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
    We're on the internet to troll not to make bonds.

Super Grandmaster

Due to unforeseen events, I recently found myself with leave during April, but on such short notice I wouldn't have time for visas to clear to any country, and since I don't have a travel partner, I've just booked myself an 8 day solo trip to Phuket with a 9hr stop-over in Singapore. I'm keen to get some scuba diving done around Phuket and the Simalin island. Obviously snorkelling in the Phi Phi islands is a must!

As for the massages (no happy ending,kthnx) my hotel is offering me a 30min massage for every 3 concurrent days I stay.

My two options were Phuket and Bali, but unfortunately the visibility and water temp in Bali is not that great at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast