Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Thread: Lumia 710

Quote Originally Posted by straatkat View Post
    Does not help considering I am a Vodacom customer...
    Anyone seen or heard anything about when it would be available yet?

Grandmaster

Anyone seen or heard anything about when it would be available yet?
    See you haven't given up yet, me neither - End of April, whenever that is...

Quote Originally Posted by DearHeart View Post
    See you haven't given up yet, me neither - End of April, whenever that is...
    Still not sure if I am going to get it. Depends on the price / deal and if reasonable on my contract, Plus not 100% sold on the touch screen for a phone. The good old fashion buttons work great. Pity they don't make one with a sliding keyboard...

Well I am no longer so sure about that. My other option was a Galaxy S plus for R475 pay in. That phone spec matches the Lumia 800 100%.
    Not really hey. 800 is a much nicer phone than the SGS was.

I also saw this 710 advertised but no stock yet, they claim it will all be coming in beginning May. They also said that the Galaxy Ace 2 would be coming which is a pretty decent phone as well. If they can bring it in at the same price I'll get either of those, with preference to the 710 I think...need to read up though.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Not really hey. 800 is a much nicer phone than the SGS was.

I also saw this 710 advertised but no stock yet, they claim it will all be coming in beginning May. They also said that the Galaxy Ace 2 would be coming which is a pretty decent phone as well. If they can bring it in at the same price I'll get either of those, with preference to the 710 I think...need to read up though.
    So Nokia announce the availability of the phone in SA today at R3999. No it is just waiting for Vodacom and Cell C to make the phone available.

Is it not sad the sate of slowness that SA companies update their websites and the general lack of functionality you get there?

Grandmaster

Phoned Vodacom direct, they got stock but first doing training before they create deals...

Phoned Vodacom direct, they got stock but first doing training before they create deals...
    mmm, see it looks like a Nokia Lumia 800, works like one too, just, this one is much cheaper....

Will you let me know if you come right with Vodacom?

Grandmaster

Will you let me know if you come right with Vodacom?
    I'm checking the Vodacom upgrade site to see when deals are loaded. The 710 is showing but no deals attached yet, will keep you posted. BTW, I'm using an E52 atm, typically recharge once a week and like to keep my screen clean. So, moving to a touch screen (smudgoo...) and charge every day or two will be a challenge, but then can we do without the everyday amazing

I'm checking the Vodacom upgrade site to see when deals are loaded. The 710 is showing but no deals attached yet, will keep you posted. BTW, I'm using an E52 atm, typically recharge once a week and like to keep my screen clean. So, moving to a touch screen (smudgoo...) and charge every day or two will be a challenge, but then can we do without the everyday amazing
    We probably will have to wait for the new month before the deals become available...

Dropped into our local mall. No news yet on availability of the phone from Vodacom. The lady did tell me to wait until next month.

How long can training take? It's exactly the same as the 800 software-wise, so all they need to learn is the specs.
    My Site: http://roguecode.co.za
    I make awesome Windows Phone apps for awesome companies, also, Plex.

Quote Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
    How long can training take? It's exactly the same as the 800 software-wise, so all they need to learn is the specs.
    She did tell me that the phone was demoed to them but it is not on the system yet, no deals and no stock.

Have a feeling we are going to have to wait until the May deals arrive on 8 May...

Our local Virgin Mobile store did have a phone on display and they have a deal attached to it. I did not checked out Cell C, the store was to busy.

I also asked Cellucity, the guys response: "Do you mean the Lumia 800?" So yeah, I guess they don't have stock either...

Dad got a 710 about 5 days ago from Nashua mobile on MTN contract. Probably not gonna help any of you though....

Grandmaster

Here's the first Vodacom contract I've spotted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast