Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Please vote for the best thread

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • The "New iPad" vs iPad 2

26 15.57%
  • Why are things always more expensive here than overseas? Are we being ripped off?

8 4.79%
  • Cricket and technology……. Is it too much?

6 3.59%
  • How To: Gmail Tips & Tricks a.k.a. Gmail Vs Outlook

33 19.76%
  • Floppy Disk Drives & Floppy Disk

6 3.59%
  • SSDs in RAID configuration... Is it worth much?

3 1.80%
  • How to test your secure password

8 4.79%
  • Which GPU is right for you?

55 32.93%
  • How to recover someone else's Firefox passwords

8 4.79%
  • The average 21 year old

14 8.38%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please vote for the best thread

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    This obsession with TK is just silly. How many 'regulars' do you guys think there are? It's just a handful of people, as far as I can see, and most of them wouldn't piss on the other if there was a fire to put out.
    Well it messed up the rep system, no reason why it wouldn't mess up the voting here. Though I'm happy to see someone who actually put in a lot of work is in the lead.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Blog Entries

Wow. Can't believe my jukebox project didn't even make it to the list...
    CTWUG
    Cape Town Wireless Usergroup
    www.ctwug.za.net

Quote Originally Posted by rellik View Post
    Wow. Can't believe my jukebox project didn't even make it to the list...
    /joins club :P
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

My vote for "Which GPU is right for you?"

No offence, but I thought there were a lot more interesting threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Like mine!!!!
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Like mine!!!!
    And mine

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Yes there were way more interesting threads which wernt chosen and the mediocre ones got through, but thats how these voting competitions always go.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesang View Post
    I've been a member of this form since Oct 2005 and people like to piss on my. lol
    2006 here and took 5 years to start winning so keep trying
    Last edited by ichigo; 26-03-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Well I made the list but with the most unlikely entry (Floppy Disk Drives & Floppy Disk). I thought my Post here if you have used both iOS and Android had a chance though with over 1,000 views. *sulk*

Anyway, I sold my iPad 2 and iPhone 3G, so my iPad 3 fund is almost full. So this would just have been access to it early.

Good luck ...
    Last edited by biometrics; 26-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I have to agree with other sentiments expressed. I was clearly just stirring a pot with my threads (besides my Android sucks thread garnering significantly more views than any others) so I didn't expect to enter the top 10 of anything except "The Top 10 Posters We'd Prefer Moved to Other Forums".

But aside the GPU thread, much of the rest was "meh" at best. Seriously - a comparison of magnetic media that excluded the ZIP drive, the original IBM 23FD, or what major milestones led to their decline?

Who chose the "top 10" threads? Certainly not popular opinion, otherwise my thread would have been included given the number of views/replies. It is doubtful that ratings played a part, otherwise rellik's most excellent touch screen jukebox thread would be right up there. It also seems that effort and writing quality played little part, otherwise Elimentals fantastic commentary on the post-PC era would have been the first choice. So what, did the moderators get together and polish off a bottle of Four Cousins and then pick a bunch of pointless threads? There are far more deserving threads, and this contest was ill-conceived - there should have been more transparency as to how the top 10 were chosen and why, or there should have been a way to upvote/downvote threads.

I am so disappointed in how this forum has evolved and how things like this play out. I'm going back to IRC for a proper technical discussion with open-minded South African techies.

I thought it was a very good idea starting a thread about the iPad 3 (new iPad) vs the iPad 2 seeing that there is a iPad 3 up for grabs.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Since 4-Oct-13
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Since 21-Jan-13
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Since 13-Feb-14

wow i made the list...... i have never won anything in my life. Hope it is not " close but no cigar"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypony View Post
    I have to agree with other sentiments expressed. I was clearly just stirring a pot with my threads (besides my Android sucks thread garnering significantly more views than any others) so I didn't expect to enter the top 10 of anything except "The Top 10 Posters We'd Prefer Moved to Other Forums".

But aside the GPU thread, much of the rest was "meh" at best. Seriously - a comparison of magnetic media that excluded the ZIP drive, the original IBM 23FD, or what major milestones led to their decline?

Who chose the "top 10" threads? Certainly not popular opinion, otherwise my thread would have been included given the number of views/replies. It is doubtful that ratings played a part, otherwise rellik's most excellent touch screen jukebox thread would be right up there. It also seems that effort and writing quality played little part, otherwise Elimentals fantastic commentary on the post-PC era would have been the first choice. So what, did the moderators get together and polish off a bottle of Four Cousins and then pick a bunch of pointless threads? There are far more deserving threads, and this contest was ill-conceived - there should have been more transparency as to how the top 10 were chosen and why, or there should have been a way to upvote/downvote threads.

I am so disappointed in how this forum has evolved and how things like this play out. I'm going back to IRC for a proper technical discussion with open-minded South African techies.
    +1 Agree with everything you said it happens everytime so thats why I am abstaining my vote per usual

lol begging for votes now.
    Cricket and technology……. Is it too much?........
    come on people you know you love it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beri View Post
    lol begging for votes now.
    Cricket and technology……. Is it too much?........
    come on people you know you love it
    If I found it was a good idea to take away the fun from watching cricket with anticipating the calls and replays then I may have voted

Its only reason I watch boring cricket forgot to add it always gives the news people something to write about when bad call happens and gets review after game

If everything was perfect what would the news people do.
    Last edited by ichigo; 26-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

lol well this is the only way to get my paws on the ipad..... 3 lol or ipad new. It was nice to be in the running

Quote Originally Posted by Merenwenrago View Post
    If I found it was a good idea to take away the fun from watching cricket with anticipating the calls and replays then I may have voted

Its only reason I watch boring cricket forgot to add it always gives the news people something to write about when bad call happens and gets review after game

If everything was perfect what would the news people do.

Good luck to all the lucky poeple.
    may the best copy paste job win the price

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast