Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: iPad 2 now or wait for 3?

Default iPad 2 now or wait for 3?

So I cant really decide, should I get an iPad 2 now or wait till "the iPad " is realeased locally?
    if I get the 2 it will be the 64GB with 3G, if I wait for ipad 3 it might be a 32GB depending on pricing....
    has anybody played around with 3? is it really much better?
    Gigabyte G31 | Intel Q6600@3.0ghz | kingston Hyper X DDR2 CL4 | XFX GTX260 Black Edition

Wait
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

the New iPad should be released around +- 6 weeks time estimate

Wait... the 3rd gen iPad comes free with a yellow tint screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    Wait... the 3rd gen iPad comes free with a yellow tint screen...
    It also runs up to 10 degrees hotter so it would be much better for the fast approaching winter.

I played with one this morning for the first time with half a mind to buy it if it impressed big time. But with an iPad 2, there's no way I'd she'll out for a new one. The screen was lovely running a video of Disney movie Tangled, and the PDFs look much better for sure, much more pronounced and very clear. But I don't read on my iPad, I use my kindle for that, so it's a waste of money if you have the 2. Otherwise, wait for the new one because prices are dropping like stones for the 2 and you'll pay way over the odds. In a shop in Paris, 409 euro for the 16gb wifi, 349 at the airport. New one starts at 489 for same and 609 for 16gb with 3G.

16gb play book for 209 euro was tempting mind you. sorry, rushing for flight now. Hope it helps a bit. New one is nice for sure, although was surprised it was slow to render the PDFs and iBook app crashed on me.

Quote Originally Posted by russellO View Post
    It also runs up to 10 degrees hotter so it would be much better for the fast approaching winter.
    5c hotter.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    5c hotter.
    I should have know that was Fahrenheit. Dam Americans are wearing off on me. In any case, it seems as the new iPad is comparable to the Android tablets when it comes to heat so I don't know why people are making a big deal out of it.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphon...pe=allchandate

BTW, I'm an Android fan not an Apple fan.

hmmmmmm looks like i'll be waiting to 3 then! Thanks for all the responses, I just home it gets here soon!!!!
    Gigabyte G31 | Intel Q6600@3.0ghz | kingston Hyper X DDR2 CL4 | XFX GTX260 Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ADRAM3L3CH View Post
    hmmmmmm looks like i'll be waiting to 3 then! Thanks for all the responses, I just home it gets here soon!!!!
    I reckon we are looking at mid may so i hope you can wait another 7 weeks!! 😄

7 weeks!!! noooo I'm rather impatient :/

If you want anything bigger than 16GB then don't wait to make up your mind for too long. Dropped in at the Centurion Incredible Contraption today and they are out of stock of ipads in anything except 16 GBs. 32s and 64s are still marked on Core's website as in stock but for how much longer?

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

I am also waiting.
    Praise Zeus!