Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Solid Computing - Transformer Prime back in stock!!

Default Solid Computing - Transformer Prime back in stock!!

Good afternoon everyone,

We're pleased to announce that after the long wait we've finally got the Asus EEE Pad Transformer Prime back in stock. We are busy working through all the backorders so stock is limited, pricing is as follows :

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201, 64GB @ R7,185.00
    10.1" Capacity Touch Scratch ResistantT LED Backlight Screen with Super IPS+ Technology (1280 X 800) NVIDIA TEGRA 3 CPU 1.3GHZ Quad Core, 1GB LPDDR2 Memory, Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n @ 300MBPS, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Technology, ANDROID 3.0 HONEYCOMB OS (Upgradable to ANDROID 4.0 ICE CREAM SANDWICH), 2-IN-1 Audio jack, 1X Micro HDMI, 1X Micro SD Card Reader, 1X Internal MIC, 2X Stereo Speakers, 25WH LI-Polymer Battery (12 HOURS*) 1.2MP Front camers, 8.0MP Rear camera, Built-in GPS, G-Sensor, E-Compass, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, FULL HD Video Playback Unlimited ASUS Webstorage (FREE FOR 1 YEAR) 8.3MM SLIM, 586G, FLASH 10.2 SupportT*

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201, 32 GB @ R6,174.68
    10.1" Capacity Touch Scratch ResistantT LED Backlight Screen with Super IPS+ Technology (1280 X 800) NVIDIA TEGRA 3 CPU 1.3GHZ Quad Core, 1GB LPDDR2 Memory, Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n @ 300MBPS, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Technology, ANDROID 3.0 HONEYCOMB OS (Upgradable to ANDROID 4.0 ICE CREAM SANDWICH), 2-IN-1 Audio jack, 1X Micro HDMI, 1X Micro SD Card Reader, 1X Internal MIC, 2X Stereo Speakers, 25WH LI-Polymer Battery (12 HOURS*) 1.2MP Front camers, 8.0MP Rear camera, Built-in GPS, G-Sensor, E-Compass, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, FULL HD Video Playback Unlimited ASUS Webstorage (FREE FOR 1 YEAR) 8.3MM SLIM, 586G, FLASH 10.2 SupportT*

I'm starting to regret my iPad after using one of these...

Regards,

Jaco

You obviously did not even bother to check for what this go on eBay nor to read about the issues they are having.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by intel8080 View Post
    You obviously did not even bother to check for what this go on eBay nor to read about the issues they are having.
    +1 I would wait until the next version is out before purchasing one of these.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Quote Originally Posted by intel8080 View Post
    Hi intel8080,

Thanks for your input regarding this product, I am well aware of the massive price difference between local online stores and Ebay. The factor people tend to overlook though is that additional taxes apply if one legally imports products. The other problem one faces when going this route is warranties and the legitimacy if the seller. By buying from someone like me or any other dealer on this forum you at least have the assurance that we will strive to make your experience as smooth as possible to avoid negative publicity.

As far as the issues go, I'm well aware of these issues and the risks involved in selling a product with known issues, I do however have complete backing from all of my importers for quick swap-outs if a buyer encounters any of these issues posted all over the internet.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions?

Regards,

Jaco

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwn 4 View Post
    Hi intel8080,

Thanks for your input regarding this product, I am well aware of the massive price difference between local online stores and Ebay. The factor people tend to overlook though is that additional taxes apply if one legally imports products. The other problem one faces when going this route is warranties and the legitimacy if the seller. By buying from someone like me or any other dealer on this forum you at least have the assurance that we will strive to make your experience as smooth as possible to avoid negative publicity.

As far as the issues go, I'm well aware of these issues and the risks involved in selling a product with known issues, I do however have complete backing from all of my importers for quick swap-outs if a buyer encounters any of these issues posted all over the internet.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions?

Regards,

Jaco
    Dude, you miss the point. You are advertising a product which has been experiencing serious mechanical problems. You acknowledge this, it means the CPA will pwn your company if people have issues returning them.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Dude, you miss the point. You are advertising a product which has been experiencing serious mechanical problems. You acknowledge this, it means the CPA will pwn your company if people have issues returning them.
    Hi Fudzy,

Take the iPhone 4 as an example. It received so much negative publicity for the signal issues it apparently had yet I've owned 2 and never dropped a call, I have in fact not met a single person who has encountered these issues with their iPhones.

Like I mentioned in my reply to intel8080, I did confirm that all parties involved in the distribution of these products are aware of these issues and that replacements will be handled swiftly should we encounter any issues. No customer will ever be worse of after buying from me, no matter what problem they may encounter with a product. The bit below sums up your rights as customer when buying from an online store such as mine :

In terms of s20 (read with s19) of the CPA, if a consumer has not had the opportunity to examine or inspect the actual goods received before purchase, on delivery of the goods they are entitled to inspect the goods. If on this initial inspection they find that;
    The goods do not meet the ‘type’ or ‘quality’ once could reasonably expect from the agreement; or
    If the goods where made in terms of a special or ‘custom’ order, and they goods do not reasonably conform to the specifications of the order.
    then:

the consumer can refuse delivery,
    receive a full refund, and
    the consumer can cancel without penalty.
    The supplier is liable for the costs of returning the goods.
    If you guys have any further questions on our RMA process feel free to contact me personally at jaco@solidcomputing.co.za

Have a good evening gents

Why this thing has no 3G i cant understand. Anybody know if you can hook up a 3G dongle to the device?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Why this thing has no 3G i cant understand. Anybody know if you can hook up a 3G dongle to the device?
    Supposedly there would be a future version featuring 3G but according to Focus Taiwan this won't be happening. They seem to downplay the need for 3G in their tablets.

The next Transformer(TF700T) will hopefully feature 3G but this is to be confirmed, the release date is estimated to be some time in June 2012.