Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Thread: Article: Blacks receive harsher punishments than whites

"According to Beeld, the Law Commission is currently engaged in a disciplinary hearing against Ndamase, because of firstly, her alleged refusal to carry out judicial orders and secondly, her alleged refusal to accept authority."

Seems the Judge is being investigated, So he's a racist AND has a problem with authority, so why the hell does anyone care what the piece of shlt says and then quotes it as if it means something?

Oh yes of course because there was racist sensationalism in it, to make blacks with inferiority complexes feel better, I see now.
    We've been havin it!

Quote Originally Posted by yebocan View Post
    by asserting this logic, you contradicting the tenet of the judicial system. all are equal, and this tenet is applied to all at any stage of the judicial process. if there be no fairness, whats the point? your logic dictates that, more wealth equals less flight risk....when the opposite could be argued, more resources does enhance the changes of flight and if this logic, is to be followed, more surety should be obtained. -point is, equality and fairness, no matter what colour, social status nor resources you have, when you have entered the judicial process.
    And yet, courts are supposed to and probably do take into account the heightened flight risk of the wealthy. Most middle class people don't have the resources to relocate to another country while abandoning their property.
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

-Calvin

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    And yet, courts are supposed to and probably do take into account the heightened flight risk of the wealthy. Most middle class people don't have the resources to relocate to another country while abandoning their property.
    huh?, can we stay in the main theme of "equality and fairness, no matter what colour, social status nor resources you have, when you have entered the judicial process."... the tributary of class distinction is of no concern to me, it is not a logical component in this discourse.
    BSG -the best show on SciFi at the moment.

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Agreed! Perhaps this is based on recent cases like the Lotters & Waterkloof 4?
    What about Shaik or Tony Yengeni ?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSoldier View Post
    What about Shaik or Tony Yengeni ?
    Examples of the other side of the spectrum, you average Joe Nglovu isn't politically connected though.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

At the centre of my bubble of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    Wow! Racism is back at the top of the list here in CA. All the top threads are about race, don't you guys get tired?
    ... this reminds me of the joke about the Scandinavian who got tired of the snow ...
    Reseat the RAM!

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Examples of the other side of the spectrum, you average Joe Nglovu isn't politically connected though.
    But the average Frik van der Merwe isn't politically connected either. And with the racist ANC there is a bigger chance that Joe Nglovu will be politically connected. Also don't forget the racists in powerful positions. For example the magistrate quoted in the OP and John Hlophe a judge in the high court.

If you don't remember Hlophe he said in a court:

[I]n 2005, Hlophe was reported to have called a Cape Town attorney, Joshua Greeff, a “piece of white **** who is not fit to walk in the corridors of the High Court”. He also suggested that Greeff should go back to Holland. Greeff is not Dutch. Hlophe denied making the remarks
    In 2005 Hlophe was reported to have said that he allocated an Afrikaans language rights case to senior Cape High Court Judge Wilfred Thring “because I knew he would **** up the trial and then it could be set right on appeal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    ... this reminds me of the joke about the Scandinavian who got tired of the snow ...
    tell us tell us
    In case you're wondering where I am, I will be back in a few months

huh?, can we stay in the main theme of "equality and fairness, no matter what colour, social status nor resources you have, when you have entered the judicial process."... the tributary of class distinction is of no concern to me, it is not a logical component in this discourse.
    "Logical component to this discourse"
    Honestly man, by the level of you're grammar it seems like you either are intelligent or are really trying to sound intelligent, because of the fact that you cannot grasp Nick's perfectly logical concept .
    We've been havin it!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by joy_Energiser View Post
    "Logical component to this discourse"
    Honestly man, by the level of you're grammar it seems like you either are intelligent or are really trying to sound intelligent, because of the fact that you cannot grasp Nick's perfectly logical concept .
    iesh, shame....-try to stay on one topic at a time, maybe you will be able to contribute something worthwhile and leave the multitasking activities to those that are able to function on that level. \limitations are sometimes a gift from the gods, embrace it.

iesh, shame....-try to stay on one topic at a time, maybe you will be able to contribute something worthwhile and leave the multitasking activities to those that are able to function on that level. \limitations are sometimes a gift from the gods, embrace it.
    Clearly you have embraced your limitations, especially in the the department of cognitive Logic.
    We've been havin it!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by joy_Energiser View Post
    Clearly you have embraced your limitations, especially in the the department of cognitive Logic.

...nearly allowed myself to give energy to this....
    Last edited by yebocan; 27-03-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: there are better things to do with your energy

This reminds me of Bill Cosby 's pound cake speech

"But these people, the ones up here in the balcony fought so hard. Looking at the incarcerated, these are not political criminals. These are people going around stealing Coca-Cola. People getting shot in the back of the head over a piece of pound cake! And then we all run out and are outraged, 'The cops shouldn't have shot him.' What the hell was he doing with the pound cake in his hand? I wanted a piece of pound cake just as bad as anybody else. And I looked at it and I had no money. And something called parenting said, 'If you get caught with it you’re going to embarrass your mother.' Not 'You're going to get your butt kicked.' No. 'You're going to embarrass your family.'"

Super Grandmaster

That's rich coming from you... you must've been quite chuffed with the Lotter case outcome.
    So it wasn't that the court was more inclined to be lenient considering that they are orphans?
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    So it wasn't that the court was more inclined to be lenient considering that they are orphans?
    Lol! Geez I hope that comment was in jest
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast