Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC One X

Hybrid View

Default HTC One X

I have an upgrade coming up soon, and I have been looking around for a new phone for the last few weeks. I have found the phone that I want, but now I need to find out when this is coming out in SA through Vodacom...

The phone I want is the HTC One X:
    http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-x/

Some of the features:
    - Quad core 1.5GHz
    - 1080p video
    - NFC
    - 32 Gig internal memory
    - HD Media Link

Where or how can I find out when and if this phone is coming to SA? I would really like to get this, but if it's only here n 6 months' time, I may go for the Galaxy S2....

Thanks!

It's an awesome phone currently the best in my opinion I think it should be here around mid year as it will be released soon abroad

OK, according to Leaf, this phone should be available at cellular retailers around the first week of May!

About 6 weeks, I think I will wait!!!

Don't bank on any statement that starts with "according to LEAF..." - you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Must say, I'm running a ported HTC One somethingoranother ROM on my Sensation and it's very snazzy. I think we're a long way from needing quad-core CPUs in phones though; I'm hoping the Sensation will keep me happy until my next 'upgrade' rolls around.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

I am not so worried about the Quad core for the upgrade, rather the 32Gigabytes of internal memory. My current Desire has around 6 Megs of open space, and I have almost nothing installed. (everything has been moved to the SD cards that can be moved).

And regarding the leaf estimation, this is better than nothing. The best answer I had before was "probably before the end of the year". I waited a month longer than the Vodacom announcement to upgrade to the HTC desire, If I have to wait a month longer for the One X, that's also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaar View Post
    I am not so worried about the Quad core for the upgrade, rather the 32Gigabytes of internal memory. My current Desire has around 6 Megs of open space, and I have almost nothing installed. (everything has been moved to the SD cards that can be moved).
    Make an EXT partition on your SD card
    Flash the latest Cyanogenmod 7 then install S2E from the market, open S2E and tell it to move all your apps to EXT and install all future apps to EXT. Desire storage problem solved, permanently
    If you can read this... you can read.

Lab88 are taking pre orders, should have a demo end of this week and Autopage has confirmed with me that they should have stock mid to end April, also looking to get one but thinking it might be too big, maybe ONE S will be better.

Big in size? I think the difference is millimeters, so not a no--no for me. I think the price on the 2 may differ quite significantly though, so it may be worth getting the One S if you have budgetary constraints.

Hey HapticSimian.

Long time. Hows the DHD? Waiting for the One X I See. He He. All eyes on Leaf...
    -------
    IBM 5150 Personal PC, IBM 5151 Personal Display

Quote Originally Posted by <LieBieS> View Post
    Hey HapticSimian.

Long time. Hows the DHD? Waiting for the One X I See. He He. All eyes on Leaf...
    Never had a DHD, and I'll likely keep my Sensation until the One X's replacement comes 'round, so... you might have me confused with someone else...
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by jonjkel View Post
    Lab88 are taking pre orders, should have a demo end of this week and Autopage has confirmed with me that they should have stock mid to end April, also looking to get one but thinking it might be too big, maybe ONE S will be better.
    Yes. I'm on autopage and due last month already.

But then again they took 6 weeks to get me my desire.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

https://twitter.com/bitsyzd

I am going to guess nothing before mid June (purely my personal guess - no info from any suppliers etc)

In that case, I am going to guess November 7....

(Yes, another useless piece of information based on absolutely nothing at all)

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaar View Post
    In that case, I am going to guess November 7....

(Yes, another useless piece of information based on absolutely nothing at all)
    Okay, my guess was not based on absolutely nothing at all. Its based in part on how long it took to get my HTC desire from the time i heard the device was released overseas.

That said, I still haven't contacted anybody e.g. vodacom, mtn leaf etc. When I did do that for the HTC desire - most of the timeframes provided were BS.

In which country is the unit currently available? None that I know off.

To expect it in SA at the same time it gets release in Asia/UK (April)- unlikely - HTC (or leaf locally) are useless, and then also the networks have to do all their "testing"

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Okay, my guess was not based on absolutely nothing at all. Its based in part on how long it took to get my HTC desire from the time i heard the device was released overseas.

That said, I still haven't contacted anybody e.g. vodacom, mtn leaf etc. When I did do that for the HTC desire - most of the timeframes provided were BS.

In which country is the unit currently available? None that I know off.

To expect it in SA at the same time it gets release in Asia/UK (April)- unlikely - HTC (or leaf locally) are useless, and then also the networks have to do all their "testing"
    Oh and one other item to consider, when your actual store gets stock of the units - another delay on top of the rest.

Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast