Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cancelling 8ta

Angry Cancelling 8ta

Hi there

Only had 8ta a month. Had DSL 10meg. Decided that I wasn't really using it and so got the 8ta option 5. After numerous disconnects for no reason, I wish I hadn't cancelled my DSL. I wanna go back but cant afford to pay for 8ta and DSL. Does anyone know how much it would cost to cancel? I bought my own device so that wasn't part of the deal. Only the data contract.

Thanks

Have you tried using a slower modem. No, seriously... My connection is rock solid on my Huawei E153. It's only 3.6Mbps (I think) but I'd rather have a slow stable connection than a fast intermittent one.

I saw quite a few people mentioning that. I can't afford to buy another modem. And the old vodacom modem I have doesn't work. I tried using my Samsung phone last night and it, too, had problems.

What was attractive to me about this deal was the portable high speeds. There are days where I am happy and then I get really disappointed. And last night I was in an important meeting with people from overseas via skype and my connection died for over half an hour.

I feel that we shouldn't have to compromise in order to be able to use something. It's a general South Africa "disease" that we grow complacent and just make do. A slower modem will probably work but I don't want to have to lose out. I get full signal strength and brilliant connection most times.

But thanks for your suggestion though Rather keen to go back to DSL :P