Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2GB+ 2GB data contract expires, what now?

Hybrid View

Question 2GB+ 2GB data contract expires, what now?

I bought this data contract 01 May 2011 and it expires 01 May 2012.

Must I contact Vodacom to inform them that I do not want to continue with the contract or will it expire automatically?

Yes. You must give them notice and instruct them to delete the line should you no longer require it. The line will then be deleted last day of May 2012. All data left over in your bundle will be lost..so be sure to use it before the deletion takes place.

Else, you could renew the contract if/when due for upgrade with any promo running at that time.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Thanks Ockie, which number must I phone?

PS. Is Vodacom not suppose to phone me and ask me that I want to do as per CPA?

Quote Originally Posted by BBSA View Post
    Thanks Ockie, which number must I phone?

PS. Is Vodacom not suppose to phone me and ask me that I want to do as per CPA?
    I would rather not say. I see a potential back fire in my face. You may phone them on 0821958 / 9
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    I would rather not say. I see a potential back fire in my face. You may phone them on 0821958 / 9
    Companies are supposed to contact the customer at least 21 days before the contract expires and ask them if they want to renew or let it expire. I think in writing and it needs to be signed by the customer.

I upgraded my old Mofaya to the new Mofaya from my 11 month of last years contract.

I phoned 0821958 and they said the will convert the line to prepaid from the first of May.

Thanks for the help Ockie.

They did say my last debit order will go through is May, which is strange as I can remember that a debit order did go through on my bank account a few days after I signed for the contract. I seems I'm going to pay for 13 Months.

They did say my last debit order will go through is May, which is strange as I can remember that a debit order did go through on my bank account a few days after I signed for the contract. I seems I'm going to pay for 13 Months.
    Your last debit order won't include the subscription fee, but will include any phone calls or OOB charges incurred during the final month.

I phoned 0821958 and they said the will convert the line to prepaid from the first of May.

Thanks for the help Ockie.

Pleasure.

Your first debit order would have gone off 24 - 48 hours after activation took place. Vodacom is doing this to try and not bankrupt people with the first debit order as previously it worked like this:

You sign a Talk 500 on the 2nd. Bill looks like this:
    R97.00 activation fee
    R775.00 pro rate subs
    R800.00 full fee
    R**** whatever usage.

Total = R1672.00 + R*** for usage. Now...in the good ol days, this would have only been debited end of the next month...effectively giving you a lekker double wammy.

Now, instead of the double wammy, we invoice the pro rate charges so long and gets the ka ching from you via debit order within 24 - 48 hours. This prevents the double wammy effect. And yes...double wammy effect is in fact a techinical term......invented by me!
    Pieter Dirk Uys

It is very confusing, it still seems that I'm paying for 13 months and not for 12 months only. But let me first see for what they bill me for in May, if it is only usage then it should be OK, but if it includes subs then it is not correct.

It is very confusing, it still seems that I'm paying for 13 months and not for 12 months only. But let me first see for what they bill me for in May, if it is only usage then it should be OK, but if it includes subs then it is not correct.
    Just remember, deletion of lines only happens at the end of the month....so if the contract term ends 3rd of the month for example and you instruct them to delete the line, the line will be deleted end of that same month.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Just remember, deletion of lines only happens at the end of the month....so if the contract term ends 3rd of the month for example and you instruct them to delete the line, the line will be deleted end of that same month.
    They said the will convert the line to prepaid from the first of May.

They said the will convert the line to prepaid from the first of May.
    End of the month/Beginning of next month. Same thing
    Last edited by Ockie; 28-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

End of the month/Beginning of next month. Same thing
    End of the month/Beginning of same month. Not the same thing

I was thinking of getting this contract as it works out the cheapest (no 8ta coverage)

is it possible to go the 2Gig, and get billed OOB rates?
    can i place a limit on the account to stop at 2 gigs
    The Piranha is known as the Wolf of the Water - No chance of escape for their prey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast