Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: MMS Help

Default MMS Help

Howzit guys,

Just a quick question. I don't you MMS anymore but Standard Bank sent me a MMS and instead of it coming through at a message with a picture and text it came through as a normal SMS and gave me a link to view the MMS. The link does not work though, and it strange I don't receive it straight to my phone.

Anyone else receive MMS' like this? I'm using an HTC Liberty, got it in America, could that be why?

And ever since Standard Bank sent me that MMS I get an error saying something about Generic Network Failure while receive message.
    Intel Core i5-750•4Gb Transcend DDR-1333Ghz RAM•500Gb Seagate HDD•XFX Geforce GTX275 XXX Ed.•Corsair TX750w PSU•Samsung SyncMaster 2333•Win 7 Ent. 32bit

Do you have your MMS settings in your APN settings? Try sending yourself a MMS if you do. This will tell the network that you have a MMS capable phone.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

I'm no longer getting that error message, but if I send myself an MMS from Vodacom's website it still receives it as a text message with a link and tells me to go to the link to retrieve the MMS. Could it be that I got it in America? Maybe the MMS feature is not compatible? Cause The 3G and HSDPA don't work in this country.
    Intel Core i5-750•4Gb Transcend DDR-1333Ghz RAM•500Gb Seagate HDD•XFX Geforce GTX275 XXX Ed.•Corsair TX750w PSU•Samsung SyncMaster 2333•Win 7 Ent. 32bit

Quote Originally Posted by ZorAxe View Post
    I'm no longer getting that error message, but if I send myself an MMS from Vodacom's website it still receives it as a text message with a link and tells me to go to the link to retrieve the MMS. Could it be that I got it in America? Maybe the MMS feature is not compatible? Cause The 3G and HSDPA don't work in this country.
    I meant sending yourself a MMS from the phone itself.

Have you checked that your APN settings are filled in? There Should be 2 or 3 entries namely Vodacom Internet and Vodacom MMS
    Pieter Dirk Uys

I sent myself an MMS then got an SMS saying: Welcome to MMS! Welcome to Vodacom's MMS Service. For any assistance call 111.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorAxe View Post
    I sent myself an MMS then got an SMS saying: Welcome to MMS! Welcome to Vodacom's MMS Service. For any assistance call 111.
    OK. Now...ask a friend to send you a test MMS and see if it comes through as it should.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Grandmaster

I have the same thing. sends me a normal text with a link, and when I try and use the name and password on a pc (because I cant use it on the phone) it still doesnt work. whats the story hmmmm?

It means your phone is not properly configured.

TRy Occie's sugestion to send an MMS from the handset. This will alert the network that you have a MMS-capable handset and it will try and configure it for you.