Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Telkom 10210 Contact Centre Number

  1. #1

    Default Telkom 10210 Contact Centre Number

    Having issues with my internet at home. I call up Mweb, and they advise it seems to be an issue on the line. Request me to contact telkom directly on 10210. They suggest just resetting the line.

    I call this number, the call centre is closed!!!

    I cant believe the only fixed line telcoms provider in this country does not have a contact centre which is manned 24 hours.

    If the cell networks can provide this, why cant telkom.

    Really pathetic from telkom.

  2. #2
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bothasig, Western Cape
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Go rant at MWEB for giving you the wrong number.

    10210 is account queries - rightfully, they are only open office hours. You are looking for 10212, which is the support / faults department, open 24x7 - good luck getting them to answer the phone tho
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

  3. #3

    Default

    Telkom call centre only operates between 08:00 and 23:00 on weekdays and 08:00 to 20:00 on weekends. And he did dial the correct number since 0800 375 375 will only divert your call to 10210.
    Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Go rant at MWEB for giving you the wrong number.

    10210 is account queries - rightfully, they are only open office hours. You are looking for 10212, which is the support / faults department, open 24x7 - good luck getting them to answer the phone tho

  4. #4
    Grandmaster Inn3rs3lf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Rivers That Are Three
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Yup, 10210, does take you to faults on an ADSL line by following prompts. Trust me, I have called that number so many times these past couple of months.

    @OP, not to be a pessimist, but have a look at my post I just did.

  5. #5
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bothasig, Western Cape
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Yup, my bad - I do indeed stand corrected. Seems they integrated all the different call centers into one number.
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elriconess View Post
    Telkom call centre only operates between 08:00 and 23:00 on weekdays and 08:00 to 20:00 on weekends. And he did dial the correct number since 0800 375 375 will only divert your call to 10210.
    Actually the call centre is only open weekdays and only from 08h00 to 20h00 - weekends its closed boet. See link below:

    http://residential.telkom.co.za/broa...ontact-us.html

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inn3rs3lf View Post
    Yup, 10210, does take you to faults on an ADSL line by following prompts. Trust me, I have called that number so many times these past couple of months.

    @OP, not to be a pessimist, but have a look at my post I just did.
    I see your issues dude, not cool. I needed to call them to reset my line only. I did that, however issue is not resolved. Will need to call them back when i get home, trouble is i get home quite late (work, gym, traffic etc), which doesn't leave much time to resolve the issue before the call centre closes at 20h00. Which is the point of this thread, how can the only fixed line operator in SA not have a 24 hour call centre.

  8. #8

    Default

    You guys have really bad luck in your towns lol. my techies come up to my living room and asks what's wrong on the line. lol in fact they just came to my house to find out if waitingcall is working.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •