Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Price is not a strategy: Alan Knott-Craig

Default Price is not a strategy: Alan Knott-Craig

Price is not a strategy: Alan Knott-Craig

New Cell C CEO, Alan Knott-Craig says that price is a tactical tool in an overall strategy, but as a strategy in itself, it's a killer - for everyone more »

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

He's 100% correct. I'm expecting this to turn into a AK-C bashing thread, but his reasoning and logic is sound...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

The message AK keeps trying to bring across is 8ta "will die". Quite clear to see that 8ta is the current threat to cellc.

8ta has a few other tactics (free calls to a land line is awesome) and deep pockets to back it.

He is completely right that its not a complete strategy but a part of one...

And I would think a very important one in the SA context.

I'm intrigued by his concept of "changing the industry"... I would like to see what he has up his sleeve.

IMO problem is that Alan is thinking first world, this works perfectly in the states and EU but in our country where the majority of phone owners spend less than R10 a day on it, price is the only aspect they really care about.
    change is inevitable... cognitiveradio.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    He's 100% correct. I'm expecting this to turn into a AK-C bashing thread, but his reasoning and logic is sound...
    Her offers a reason why it's not a good idea but he hasn't offered any alternative tactics. Admittedly I'm not AK-C but the only other tactics I can see for a mobile operator is value and service. I'm not sure Cell C can really offer either better than MTN or Vodacom. They may well beat 8ta on service but not, I think on value.

Anyway, I'm going to be watching Alan's time at Cell C with great interest. I've always maintained that any halfway competent person could have done what he did with Vodacom. We should know the truth of that soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by icyrus View Post
    Good to see that you are still a bigoted ignorant arsehole. Some things never change.

New Cell C CEO, Alan Knott-Craig says that price is a tactical tool in an overall strategy, but as a strategy in itself, it's a killer - for everyone
    Not for the consumer .. but then we remember AKC's stance on price and his concern for consumers from the Vodacom days don't we?

He's been working almost a full day at Cell C and no news article about it on MyBB?