Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Thread: iPad 2 wont boot, wont charge and cant DFU

Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    ok can someone walk me through how to try to get it on with redsnow (i dont actually wont to JB it though and would really not like to lose everything on the ipad)

have tried blowing out the connector repeatedly, no difference.
    Last available solution other than taking it in...

So the toothpick worked perfectly. Loosened all the dirt and gunk up with it then blew it out with some canned air. Shut the phone off and squeezed the excess alcohol out of an alochol wip and cleaned the dock connector pins with that and the toothpick. Looks like new. I'd recommend discharging your battery completely before you do that though. While I was cleaning, my phone turned on and hung at the Apple logo for a goooood while. Paniced a bit on that one, seems to be normal now. Try it in my truck tomorrow and let you know the results. Thanks for the tip.
    and...

I confiscated my daughter's iPad for a couple of weeks (so she could concentrate on her studies) and as a result the battery died. I tried to recharge it but, left overnight, it still showed the empty battery sign and wouldn't fire up. Fortunately I found this page - and I persevered. It took about 20 attempts to restart pressing both the home and shutdown buttons and eventually the Apple logo appeared. It now seems to be charging normally. So, thanks to whoever discovered this trick - and to those who don't believe it works … keep trying!
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

thanks, cleaned it earlier with a toothpick, tissue and can of air stuff from our techies, was pretty much spotless anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    Last available solution other than taking it in...

and...
    lol yeah i tried and tried and tried some more will keep doing so otherwise it must go in this afternoon or tom morning.

Where exactly do i take it, to IC where it was bought or to an apple store etc?

lol yeah i tried and tried and tried some more will keep doing so otherwise it must go in this afternoon or tom morning.

Where exactly do i take it, to IC where it was bought or to an apple store etc?
    Yeah, keep trying

IC or Apple store yeah

waiting for iStore technical support to call me back, ffs

ok so they want me to bring it in, but unfortunately as it will not start up i cannot back up so everything will be lost.

ok so the iPad is in at the service center, let's see how long this takes

been told that i will lose everything.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's why I do regular backups with itunes...
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

When was the last time the iPad was connected to a pc? Should backup automatically. All installed apps will just need to be re-synced as will music, books and photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    That's why I do regular backups with itunes...
    Yeah and with wireless syncing it's quite a painless process...

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still having issues syncing wireless

So I plug it into my laptop, start the backup/sync process with itunes, and leave it overnight to charge/sync etc.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Still having issues syncing wireless

So I plug it into my laptop, start the backup/sync process with itunes, and leave it overnight to charge/sync etc.
    Charging via laptop is probably where the problem begins. The voltage from a laptop USB port isn't sufficient to effectively charge the iPad. Better to use wall charger meneer.

After the initial sync the wireless sync shouldn't take all that long as it is an incremental backup.

EDIT: Oh wait, you doing a wired sync, even better/quicker but not so much for charging

When was the last time the iPad was connected to a pc? Should backup automatically. All installed apps will just need to be re-synced as will music, books and photo's.

unfortunately i dont think my mother used her itunes at all and only used the device, stuff like her work mail and yahoo mail will be ok, as will her diary etc just there wwas some photo's and apps with a little bit of music

biggest issue was notes, dont think she had those sync with her outlook

the apps and music she should technically be able to redownload when she enters her apple ID as they were already purchased?

what *** service, seriously.

they tell me that the unit gets assessed and if faulty it just gets replaced, they don't do repairs only replace. ok no problem.

now i know i am partially full of *** but seriously how long does it take to assess the unit? it wont turn on and wont charge what more can you physically assess? why can they not do it while you wait? or at least have like a 24hr turn around? they tell me it will only maybe be assessed this afternoon or tomorrow

what *** service, seriously.

they tell me that the unit gets assessed and if faulty it just gets replaced, they don't do repairs only replace. ok no problem.

now i know i am partially full of *** but seriously how long does it take to assess the unit? it wont turn on and wont charge what more can you physically assess? why can they not do it while you wait? or at least have like a 24hr turn around? they tell me it will only maybe be assessed this afternoon or tomorrow
    You'll probably find it's one persons job to do and he/she has a number of other units to check before he gets to yours. At least it sounds like you'll get a replacement, so hang in there.
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast