Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious Laptop problem... please help =(

Super Grandmaster

How is the heat? Modern processor will go into limp mode if the notebook is getting too hot. When it slows down can you hear the fans getting louder?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

It does get very hot actually, or to me it feels really hot.. I have a program called CPUID that tells me the tempriture, the minimum is 48, the average value is 54 now and the max is 69 is that normal for a core i7?

I actually have like a story I can tell you about the company LMR (LetMe[completelyf_ckup]Repair) that I have been fighting with since 22 February and still waiting for damages parts (base cover and LCD screen frame)

I wonder if there technicians wrecked my hardware?

Drop me a PM OP, will try to assist remotely, or pop on by if you're in JHB (on mobile, can't view your location)

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Charlikins101 View Post
    It does get very hot actually, or to me it feels really hot.. I have a program called CPUID that tells me the tempriture, the minimum is 48, the average value is 54 now and the max is 69 is that normal for a core i7?

I actually have like a story I can tell you about the company LMR (LetMe[completelyf_ckup]Repair) that I have been fighting with since 22 February and still waiting for damages parts (base cover and LCD screen frame)

Sorry I should have mentioned you also have other chips that get hot, these can be monitored by apps like HWMonitor (made by the same guys as CPUID)
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Keep the OEM Windows Disk that came with the laptop, or make a back up and Reinstall Windows.

Needless to say you should, backup all your important files and programs.

If that does not solve the problem, it should then be a hardware fault.
    Afrihost Mobile
    Monthly Telkom Internet Usage - 4 MB Uncapped

Quote Originally Posted by Charlikins101 View Post
    No, but they removed bad sector or other critical disk error (the reson you brought it in) and they didn't check in which condition hard disk is after reapair.

I quess hard drive received mechanical shock, in result SA is corrupted, or heads are permamently damaged. On some drives SMART would tell us, it is why I asked for SMART report.
    Last edited by sajunky; 29-03-2012 at 10:52 PM.

SAJunky will this program do what you need to see?
    http://hddscan.com
    What you were suggesting before even had me lost.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

It looks like, it is supposed judging from picture 4 and 6. it is exactly what 2xF4 do in mhdd. I use DOS programs, to not let Windows interfere with disk access. What I need is a summary of delays in each category from 5ms to >500ms, plus bad blocks if any.

Do you really think SATA drives cannot be tested in DOS programs? Haven't tried with >2TB drives though.

Re: SMART parameters there are many programs doing it.

I see program do not require installation, this is good, but GUI hangs mice at times. Not sure how it handles disk errors too. SMART could be better. I use hdat2 (DOS program)
    Last edited by sajunky; 30-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Dodgy hard drive is suspect.

This system have the symptoms of a HDD going south or my name aint Ook.
    Me thinks this too.
    Sorry What!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123